• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HOW LONG DO YOU RUN TIRES ON A VEHICLE?

These drag radials are still good.

445567d1501539900-275-50-r15-bfg-img_4538.jpg

Haven’t had a set of Michelin’s yet that I didn’t get 80k plus out of. A few sets could of gone a little further but I replaced them anyway. No point in pushing my luck. Rotate every other oil change and check tire pressure once a week. Run Michelin tires on everything I have owned.

Haven’t had a set of Michelin’s yet that I didn’t get 80k plus out of. A few sets could of gone a little further but I replaced them anyway. No point in pushing my luck. Rotate every other oil change and check tire pressure once a week. Run Michelin tires on everything I have owned.

We used to have that problem at our tire store. A little old man would come in and insist on getting Michelin’s because “nothing rides like a Michelin.” Well the little old man drives 8,000 miles per year and the tires are rated for 90,000 miles. Before he ever even makes it to half tread life the tires were dry rotted and unsafe.

I replace my car / light truck tires when they need it due to excess wear, or dry rot.
Not based on some arbitrary age limit of 7 or 8 years or whatever.

Although most sets of tires get worn out in 50K to 65K miles, after only a few years, long before any dry rot or UV sunlight damage would be a concern.

Back
Top Bottom