• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How not to do deals here on ODT.....a story of one such adventure...

I recently made a deal here to purchase a pistol. Price and day was agreed we upon by both the seller and me. The day comes to do the deal and he doesn’t respond to my emails. He later PMs me to tell me he already sold the pistol (for more money). I didn’t leave feedback but I should have.

I recently made a deal here to purchase a pistol. Price and day was agreed we upon by both the seller and me. The day comes to do the deal and he doesn’t respond to my emails. He later PMs me to tell me he already sold the pistol (for more money). I didn’t leave feedback but I should have.
Neg him now

I don't think day is adequate for a neg. Meet you Tuesday at the Big Chicken. I don't think that dog will hunt.

I think you need a date and TIME confirmed in PMs.

I hate to miss a meet a few days ago as I came down with the flu. I notified the seller of course and he was 100% cool about it. I felt bad though and would probably have met anyway just to keep my word except that I didn't want to risk infecting a fellow odt'er.

What it really comes down to is I think I can say the majority of ODT'ers are patriotic republicans who love this country and their right to bear arms. They should transcribe those good values and virtues towards their buying and trading ethics, and as a majority most do. I think that is why the ODT is such a great place to congregate for gun owners cus we are just good honest hard working individuals who love America.

Can I get a amen? lol

I don't think day is adequate for a neg. Meet you Tuesday at the Big Chicken. I don't think that dog will hunt.

I think you need a date and TIME confirmed in PMs.

Will it need to be witnessed and notarized?

If we are PMing on Saturday, Tuesday would be sufficient.

I have never put the date in a PM for a meet, even though I have made committed deals with folks that took over two months to close.

I hate it when I make a deal with some one on here and the deal goes great everything goes as it should ''but'' they never leave you no feedback.... that's happen to me 2 or 3 times and I still leave them positive feedback.

I started looking at members "received" FB verses their "left" FB, and if the received is more than the left, they will have to leave me FB first.
I have a couple of good trades that I told the trader, if they wanted FB they would have to leave it first. Not a peep.
You would think that folks with low FB would be eager to leave FB.

Back
Top Bottom