• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunting property line legal question

Shoot a couple times and yell out I saw something in the bushes I think I got it ,. that should stop them from hunting on the property line
If you are close enough for that to do any good then you are hunting the line as well.

They lease all of the property just like you do. Go meet the members. It is likely that they are good folks any you will get along. As long as they don't shoot onto your lease they are within their rights.

Thanks for the info.
So I guess the buffer zone is a myth.

Yep. It's their property. They can have a parade on their property line while you're out hunting.

But if you want to push the issue, just tell them if they shoot a deer, and it goes on your property they can't retrieve it. Although I'd recommend taking over a bottle of Bourbon and making friends.

I'm having to deal with trespassers right now that graduated to stealing my ****. And all they had to do was ask to come on over... But people are just stupid sometimes.

We have stands on the property line at the gun club (facing our land) and they've even been cutting branches off trees on our side of the line so they can get a clear shot at deer on our land. Irritating to say the least.

We have stands on the property line at the gun club (facing our land) and they've even been cutting branches off trees on our side of the line so they can get a clear shot at deer on our land. Irritating to say the least.

Now that's a serious breach of courtesy.

You should cut down some branches on their side to get a clear shot at some targets on their land. Let me know if you need some help. I'm on trespasser hatin tour right now...

See what the county law says . The property I hunt borders land that was owned by the paper company. there is a fire break between the property. My friend who has owned the property confronted one of the leases's on his land and the hunter threatened to have him arrested on his own land. They had built 3 wooden tree stands in his trees overlooking the land they leased. The lease holder later left him a note saying he was trespassing and threatening him. He contacted the timber company and the paper company instantly revoked the lease. The next year the lease did not include the section of property that adjoined my friends property. The paper company has now sold the land to developers. The paper company is a good neighbor. Leaseholders are a mixed bag. I found the assortment of trash in the woods and a sleeping hunter on my friends property during the time the neighboring property was leased to hunters. I never understood why they leased all of this land to hunt right at the edge along the neighbors.
I don't assume because everyone hunts they are decent. Hunt public land and watch the amount of beer cans you find in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom