• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am a Flipper

Sometimes you make a buck, sometimes you lose a buck. Everyone likes a come-up, and I certainly aim for an even or advantageous sell or trade, but I have gotten some of my favorite safe fillers and range toys losing 50 bucks or so of value on trades. And there are many guns in my safe that I wouldn’t sell even if I made $500 over what I paid. Sometimes an item is worth more than what the “community” says it is worth, sometimes less. Something to think about.

Where is the forum for *****ing and ***** aching about the guys on the show buying a house for $50,500 and spending $25,000 to update it, then selling it to some rube for $235,000?
I've flipped 5 houses in my time. Made excellent money on each flip. Significantly more than if I was playing the market with the same money. House flipping is not the same. If you buy a house for $100,000 and don't make any improvements, good luck making more than your initial investment. You'll lose every time because you have carrying costs, insurance, etc. each month until you sell. Now if you improve the property, that's a different thing altogether. Price what the going market rate is at the time. Also considerably more risk. Much higher investment to buy-in verses spending $350 on a used Glock and trying to get $500.

I've flipped 5 houses in my time. Made excellent money on each flip. Significantly more than if I was playing the market with the same money. House flipping is not the same. If you buy a house for $100,000 and don't make any improvements, good luck making more than your initial investment. You'll lose every time because you have carrying costs, insurance, etc. each month until you sell. Now if you improve the property, that's a different thing altogether. Price what the going market rate is at the time. Also considerably more risk. Much higher investment to buy-in verses spending $350 on a used Glock and trying to get $500.
Agreed 100% but it sure as **** wouldn't stop many on this site from getting ass hurt over somebody "making" a few dollars "off'n them."

upload_2018-7-14_19-34-33.jpeg

A flipper is merely a person who sails goods to the unprepared. Buy cheap, stack deep and don’t bitch! I have never flipped ammo because I’m a hoarder but at the same time I have never needed to buy at inflated prices. I prepare as every good American should, if I fail to prepare I see it as my own incompetence and I’m not going to be upset.

. . .Buy cheap, stack deep and don’t *****! I have never flipped ammo because I’m a hoarder but at the same time I have never needed to buy at inflated prices. I prepare as every good American should, if I fail to prepare I see it as my own incompetence and I’m not going to be upset.

Same. Never bought ammo during panics. Always had ammo. Never sold any to make money. Prices are cheap now. I'll still be shooting during the next shortage.

Same. Never bought ammo during panics. Always had ammo. Never sold any to make money. Prices are cheap now. I'll still be shooting during the next shortage.
Being a half way sort of prepper during panic time I never have to skip a beat! SHTF it won’t be around at any price so the way I see it is to always have on hand a couple of years worth of extra shooting ammo.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom