• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am looking own investments outside of the US dollar any real suggestion on what investment house will do this?

And if you sell.... you'll be paid in dollars. So then what?
My investment in Yen, or Euros, will stay valuable when you need a wheelbarrow of dollars to buy a loaf of bread.

If you knew that the country was going step off the hyperinflation cliff. As the dollar blows up. My investments will not be in dollars. What is the weimar republic? and what does the weimar republic have to do with this conversation?

Post WW1 Germany had invaded other countries and the rest of the world got together and beat the snot out of Germany.

What did Germany look like after the rest of world beat them up? Hammered dog poo poo! As part of the surrender documents they agreed to pay war reparations.

They didn’t have the money so they fired up the printing presses. At the onset, 1 American dollar would get about 4 german German Papiermarks. When they replaced the German Papiermark with the new german currency backed by German real estate the exchange rate had spiraled to 4.2 trillion to one US dollar.

When you know what they are going to do. Why would you want to play?

Last year they printed up 1.9 trillion and handed it out like candy. They didn’t borrow it, or tax it. This is called monetizing the debt. Printing money dilutes the value of the dollar.

The definition of inflation is too many dollars chasing too few goods. All the dollars bought up the existing supplies, while no replacements were being made.

In any situation, there are 3 types of people. Those who know what is going to happen before it happens. Those who know what is happening, while it is happening. And the masses, who shrug their shoulders, and say ‘what happened’?

I know history, Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

My investment in Yen, or Euros, will stay valuable when you need a wheelbarrow of dollars to buy a loaf of bread.

If you knew that the country was going step off the hyperinflation cliff. As the dollar blows up. My investments will not be in dollars. What is the weimar republic? and what does the weimar republic have to do with this conversation?

Post WW1 Germany had invaded other countries and the rest of the world got together and beat the snot out of Germany.

What did Germany look like after the rest of world beat them up? Hammered dog poo poo! As part of the surrender documents they agreed to pay war reparations.

They didn’t have the money so they fired up the printing presses. At the onset, 1 American dollar would get about 4 german German Papiermarks. When they replaced the German Papiermark with the new german currency backed by German real estate the exchange rate had spiraled to 4.2 trillion to one US dollar.

When you know what they are going to do. Why would you want to play?

Last year they printed up 1.9 trillion and handed it out like candy. They didn’t borrow it, or tax it. This is called monetizing the debt. Printing money dilutes the value of the dollar.

The definition of inflation is too many dollars chasing too few goods. All the dollars bought up the existing supplies, while no replacements were being made.

In any situation, there are 3 types of people. Those who know what is going to happen before it happens. Those who know what is happening, while it is happening. And the masses, who shrug their shoulders, and say ‘what happened’?

I know history, Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Yes: inflation is the official (legal) theft of the purchasing power of the dollar. What makes it worse is that the printed dollars, authorized by congress in the form of treasury bills, go on the books as a loan for productive Americans to pay back with interest. How's that for a double whammy?

The underlying problem is that almost all viable countries around the world have been doing the same thing, i.e. printing their currencies into oblivion. At the current time, but not for long, the fiat USD is just the best looking horse in the glue factory.

Land with clean water, the tools and ability to produce necessities from it, a store of necessities you cannot produce, a group of like minded people dedicated to mutual support, and the means/ability to protect it. This is the only actual wealth left in my humble opinion.
You are thinking to hunker down and fighting through it. I am thinking I'll step aside and be amused. I just signed a 30 year note on a new house at 2.75% and refinanced my current home for 15 years at 2.5%.

When the dollar goes into freefall, both of these monthly payments may very well be the take-home pay for a minimum wage worker.

If my money is in Sweedish Krona. Just a few Krona may pay my both mortgages for the entire year.

Work smarter not harder!​

Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Our idiots leading us off this cliff are using history as a roadmap as to 'how to destroy our country.

With the Dollar about to jump into hyperinflation. I don’t want to play.

I am looking for a professional investment advisor/agency. No DIY stuff
All fiat currencies are being hyper inflated as we speak. Honestly, your best bet is to get your wealth completely outside of this rigged financial system. The only way to do that is to invest your wealth into precious metals.

You are thinking to hunker down and fighting through it. I am thinking I'll step aside and be amused. I just signed a 30 year note on a new house at 2.75% and refinanced my current home for 15 years at 2.5%.

When the dollar goes into freefall, both of these monthly payments may very well be the take-home pay for a minimum wage worker.

If my money is in Sweedish Krona. Just a few Krona may pay my mortgage for the entire year.

Those who refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Our idiots leading us off this cliff are using history as a roadmap as to 'how to destroy our country.
Know that most of those mortgage contracts you sign have a clause which allows the lender to adjust the rates if hyper inflation occurs.

If my money is in Sweedish Krona. Just a few Krona may pay my mortgage for the entire year.

You can't assume the legal, business and social systems are part of the framework for your mortgage debt will survive a true hyperinflation event. A vote in DC, followed by the stroke of a pen, might change the legal nature of your relationship with your debtor.

It would be fortuitous if a loaf of bread or a few foreign coins could be traded for your mortage payment (or even the balance of the note), but I suspect that won't be allowed to happen, since the banking system couldn't survive that.

I expect mortgage debts would be frozen or inflation adjusted, by law.

If my money is in Sweedish Krona. Just a few Krona may pay my both mortgages for the entire year.

I have no problem with diversifying. Just after the other criteria are met. I view any investment into "the system" as I would throwing money into a poker pot. I do that for entertainment and maybe a win here and there. But anything I mind losing isn't in the poker pot.

Past hyperinflation scenarios were greatly helped because countries were able to have a black market ruled by more stable currencies. I lived in Zimbabwe when they had 100,000% hyperinflation. Seeing it in person left quite an impression.

With the way the world economies are so interconnected when the dominoes fall it will be quite different than the mostly geographically isolated events of the past. Granted, the Great Depression had worldwide impact but it was a different world and we weren't nearly as interconnected as we are today.

This isn't a sky is falling post. The world will not end. Zombies will not (well, not Hollywood zombies) rule the world. But, I am buckling down for the expectation of severe, worldwide hard times. And I personally don't have faith in any part of the fiat currency system being my savior. That being said, I am not a finance expert. Do as you feel. I just think it would be wise to invest first into the things I discussed earlier and then focus on other things.

Land has outperformed the stock market over the past decades. Yeah, it's a bubble as well, but as long as you are exchanging like buying power for like buying power that's ok. For example, if an acre of land exchanges to buy 3 apples and later it exchanges to buy 4 apples then does it really matter what the dollar price tag of land or apples is? You are still improving your buying power.

My point is, goods with actual value aren't changing their store of value. It's the value of the dollar that's changing. And not for the better. You know this which is why you are looking to buy other currencies, but the same applies to currencies around the world. They all work the same way. And with land I can actually use my investment as it accrues in value. I can use it to produce necessities as well. I can hang out with my family there. I can hunt on it, ride 4 wheelers, fish, etc.

Where people get into trouble is borrowing money from banks to pay for land or putting funds they may need to quickly liquidate into land. Which is not a good idea. Best thing is to be debt free, have land with clean water, the tools/ability to produce necessities off of it, have a store of goods you can't produce, a group of like minded individuals dedicated to working together, and the ability/tools you need to protect it. Then diversify.

Just to be upfront, I do land and acreage real estate but this post isn't designed to get business. I don't even take clients beyond the ones I currently work with any more. Just didn't want it to sound like I was trying to talk anybody into anything if I stated I did land and acreage real estate later.

You can't assume the legal, business and social systems are part of the framework for your mortgage debt will survive a true hyperinflation event. A vote in DC, followed by the stroke of a pen, might change the legal nature of your relationship with your debtor.

It would be fortuitous if a loaf of bread or a few foreign coins could be traded for your mortage payment (or even the balance of the note), but I suspect that won't be allowed to happen, since the banking system couldn't survive that.

Look at history. Hyperinflation has happened. The folks who can’t afford to move their finances got screwed!

I could pay off both mortgages today. Why would I when the government is going to devalue the dollar? By switching out to another currency and paying off later after the dollar goes to hell I will pay it off at a fraction of the current value.

The Papier mark started at 4.2 marks to 1 dollar, and dropped to 4.2 Trillion to the same dollar before they replaced it with a new german currency backed by real estate.

When the dollars jumps off the cliff, I want to have my money invested in something not valued in dollars.

yes I expect to pay off my mortgages at a fraction of todays price tag, when I cash in a foreign investment.

Back
Top Bottom