• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel bad for those just into 'modern' arms.

Just remembered a couple more Winchester 1997 Made in 1903, Colt1911 Made in 1967 and two Colt SAA NRAs made in 1971.

Attachments

• Colt NRA 001.JPG
    Colt NRA 001.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Colt NRA 002.JPG
    Colt NRA 002.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Colt 1911.JPG
    Colt 1911.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Winchester 97 001.JPG
    Winchester 97 001.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 12
I totally disagree. I'm working on my 1994 Toyota PU currently. And would love to have an early FJ40 Cruiser. But in guns....Give me deep blue and walnut.View attachment 1009038

People been restoring FJs for 25 yrs or more. 80s hilux and late 80s 4runners are not cheap for quality examples either. Expect the same for first gen tacomas and the last run of Supras in the future.

Great points, i was really thinking more about cars than those

Guns are tools. They hold no sentimental value for me. I just chose the best tools for the job.

Sure dude. Is the increased utility/performance why you have such salvate worthy firearms? I know you are an expert marksman, but you couldn't get by with S&W, Ruger or Colt?

Hunting and revolvers are also fading fast with the younger crowd. This generation only wants the guns in their video games so they can shoot monsters.

Ps. I'm 53, but people think I don't look a day over 52 1/2. Never hunted, own mostly modern stuff. Technical Dunderhead. But what do I know?

Hunting and revolvers are also fading fast with the younger crowd. This generation only wants the guns in their video games so they can shoot monsters.

Ps. I'm 53, but people think I don't look a day over 52 1/2. Never hunted, own mostly modern stuff. Technical Dunderhead. But what do I know?

Some of the old timers have been complaining about the NRA convention and SHOT shows becoming "too tactical" and other comments along those lines. It is simply the direction the market is going. I'm glad there are so many new shooters out there, no matter what they are using.

There is and will always be a market for hunting rifles and revolvers. People of all ages still love them. It may not be so obvious in various circles, but they are definitely out there. I'm one of them.

Most of my guns are modern too. The reason is because of needs vs wants. Thankfully I am at a point where my needs are pretty much filled and I can now enjoy the hunt for my wants.

Yesterday I spied a fantastic condition 6" blued S&W 586-1 while out galavanting and I may go back today and pick it up. I want that mother.

Back
Top Bottom