• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I guess Glock just isn't for me...

Gen 3. I will admit that I'm not a big fan of the texture and I have tried tractiongrips as well and they didn't really help.

I'd take a look at a Gen 4 IF you want a Glock. I'm a SIG guy but have grown to like my Gen 4 G26 and love my little G42. No comparison to my P228, it truly is perfection for me!

I had a thread a little while back about not shooting my G19 as well as I'd like and I got a lot of good advice. I ended up swapping out the factory sights for a set of Glock night sights. I still tend to shoot a little left with it. I know I can drift the rear sight a little and possibly fix this issue but I think I would rather not have to make these modifications to be able to shoot well. I've had other pistols that I could shoot just fine. I'm thinking it may be time to put the 19 up on the trading block which sucks for me because I have a few holsters and a pretty good supply of mags for it. So I'll have to start all over.

Any suggestions for my next carry pistol?

Have you/do you have this same problem with any other pistols? The last thing any of us want for you is to buy something else and have the same problem.

The 19 is the one I have the most experience with. I've also shot a fair amount of 1911's and even carried a commander sized for a while but for the weight it wasn't worth only having 8-9 rounds to me.

So far, the 19 and a 23 are the ones I don't shoot as well as I want to. I really think it's just the compact glocks.

I am right handed and tend to shoot a little to the left with every gun I have ever shot. I think we tend to push the gun when shooting double action. The heavier the pull the further to the left for me.
Lightening the trigger and lots of dry fire has helped a lot.

Back
Top Bottom