• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I had to 'defend' my home.

I don’t often respond to bumps in the night, but when I do it’s with an AR in the cover of darkness. Living in the woods, does it seem reasonable to leave one’s house under some circumstances? Strange vehicle heard at odd hours, observe from cover of darkness (and actual cover of ditches for that matter?) Driveway chime goes off, then stealthily slip out and explore the situation in a landscape where you have an overwhelming tactical advantage due to familiarity?

PS: don’t cock your DA/SA. The heavy first pull is there for a reason. Trigger discipline is all that saved this story from a tragic end.

PPS: **** is a word meaning pull back the hammer, putting the gun into single action mode. Not a penis.

I don’t often respond to bumps in the night, but when I do it’s with an AR in the cover of darkness. Living in the woods, does it seem reasonable to leave one’s house under some circumstances? Strange vehicle heard at odd hours, observe from cover of darkness (and actual cover of ditches for that matter?) Driveway chime goes off, then stealthily slip out and explore the situation in a landscape where you have an overwhelming tactical advantage due to familiarity?

PS: don’t **** your DA/SA. The heavy first pull is there for a reason. Trigger discipline is all that saved this story from a tragic end.

PPS: **** is a word meaning pull back the hammer, putting the gun into single action mode. Not a penis.

Never say never or always! I can come up with some very good and valid reasons for stepping outside my house; reasons that would cause me to do so.

Back
Top Bottom