• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I HATE a thief...

@GAgunLAWbooklet I usually try and take the high road and not let folks bait me into an argument here, but you struck a nerve and I can't let it go. The house in question was build by my Great Great Grandfather who lived in it with his wife where they raised two children. He was a Reverend and Confederate soldier with the Ga Hussars. He was as avid writer and many of his diaries from his times in war are now at Emory University. Sherman stopped at this house on his march to the sea. My Great Grandfather/Grandmother also lived, where they also raised two children. Most recently my Aunt/Uncle have lived in this house. Although no one has lived in the house in about 15 years, it is in good shape for its age and could easily be lived in again with very little work. So it's not some piece of s@#t shack falling down in the woods. Even if it was, walking through a fence posted with a no trespassing signs is breaking the law. Breaking and entering into a dwelling you do not own, no matter the condition, is against the law. Stealing things out of that dwelling is against the law. Looting is illegal, despite what twisted moral justification you come up with in your mind to help you sleep at night. Doesn't matter if you feel you are saving an antique piece of furniture or spoiling produce, breaking and entering, criminal trespass and stealing are all illegal acts punishable law.

@GAgunLAWbooklet I usually try and take the high road and not let folks bait me into an argument here, but you struck a nerve and I can't let it go. The house in question was build by my Great Great Grandfather who lived in it with his wife where they raised two children. He was a Reverend and Confederate soldier with the Ga Hussars. He was as avid writer and many of his diaries from his times in war are now at Emory University. Sherman stopped at this house on his march to the sea. My Great Grandfather/Grandmother also lived, where they also raised two children. Most recently my Aunt/Uncle have lived in this house. Although no one has lived in the house in about 15 years, it is in good shape for its age and could easily be lived in again with very little work. So it's not some piece of s@#t shack falling down in the woods. Even if it was, walking through a fence posted with a no trespassing signs is breaking the law. Breaking and entering into a dwelling you do not own, no matter the condition, is against the law. Stealing things out of that dwelling is against the law. Looting is illegal, despite what twisted moral justification you come up with in your mind to help you sleep at night. Doesn't matter if you feel you are saving an antique piece of furniture or spoiling produce, breaking and entering, criminal trespass and stealing are all illegal acts punishable law.

You absolutely DAMN RIGHT!

Exactly right!

I'm skipping from the OP on page 1 to here, but...

... if the old farmhouse LOOKS abandoned, and it looks in a bad state of disrepair, isn't it reasonable to think that very soon the roof will start leaking and destroy all the stuff with rot and mold?

If so, then perhaps the real crime here is just trespassing, but the "theft" may simply be someone's desire to avoid waste, and let valuable or historically-significant stuff be lost through rot and rodents and neglect. If the thief steals an antique chair and sells it, at least SOMEBODY will buy it. Somebody who thinks it has some value, and will keep it safe and maybe try to refinish or restore it (if it needs that).

I'm just playing Devil's advocate here.

No different than someone coming to your home while you are on vacation and looking in your windows at all of your stuff you are not using at the moment. They then go rent a Uhaul and come back to clean you out and put your stuff to good use or sell your stuff to make a little extra money for themselves. Seems logical?

Signed
The Devil

I can't believe someone here, especially in that profession, would advocate theft. I don't even know what to say here.

Well, that would be the defense lawyers stance on the poor criminal that was just trying to feed his babies.

That's why they turn these thugs back out on the street on probation, just so they can pick them back up next week for probation violation, and the cycle continues.

Law Enforcement, not just cops, but the entire corrupt court system, all the way to the SCOTUS, is corrupt and mostly concerned with extorting money and or assets. They could really care less about the crimes committed against the common working man.

The Sheriff of Putnam County has spoken out publicly about his disdain for the court system turning these thugs back out on the streets, only to be arrested for the third and fourth time, sometimes in possession of a firearm.

Once word gets out among scumbags, you never know how many them have heard about or been in that house. Say if a couple went in the first time, an then one comes back later with someone else, who later comes back with someone else a different time. Unfortunately if that property is on the scumbag grapevine, catching one lot of them most probably won't be the end of it. So, yes, bear traps.

Back
Top Bottom