• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question about trespassing

That sign is at the Allatoona WMA check station in the center of a trail. Directly behind the sign is a nice, smooth trail down to an open field meant, as clearly stated, for handicapped access. The sign faces a gravel parking area that includes a WMA map. The map doesn't show that trail as a road.

IF you can prove you didn't pass that sign with your vehicle, you may have a case. If you drove around the sign as you stated, then they still have you for trespassing, regardless.

As others have pointed out, be thankful it's only the one charge. A DNR ranger wasn't writing the ticket, as he could have impounded your vehicle, wrote you for passing the sign AND trespassing, as well as asking the judge for damages your vehicle did to the environment (tire tracks down the trail). The judge may want to tack all that on if you go to court to plead your case. Judges are funny that way....

If you decide to fly in the face of reason and go to court anyway - please be sure to let us know how it went upon your release....

payneed payneed has some jail pants for loan.

It's not ALL bad in jail... Good things can happen in jail... I met my wife in jail.
We had a major thing in common... :)
high waisted.jpg

Handi-cap placards mean **** anymore. I've never actually seen a handicapped person get out of a car in Macon parked at a spot so marked. They're usually 30 years old and healthy enough to 'holla' at the local 'talent' walking into the store. Pisses me off since my mom was a stroke victim and could have actually used a handicapped parking space.
saw one riding the sled around Kroger then went and got on a harley in the handicapped space with a handicap tag on the bike.What a P______

The sign definitely looks bad, and obviously confused quite a few people in here because they jumped on the OP for PARKING in a handicap spot, but I do believe the way the picture is taken is what is confusing.

The WMA, doesn't it provide handicap accessible pathways, so that even those disabled people can go hunt and fish? I really doubt we are talking about a paved, painted, and divided road here. I bet the OP continued onto a trail with his vehicle that the majority of us would be able to tell without a sign that you probably shouldn't drive down. That's why it hasn't happened to any of us.

The sign definitely looks bad, and obviously confused quite a few people in here because they jumped on the OP for PARKING in a handicap spot, but I do believe the way the picture is taken is what is confusing.

The WMA, doesn't it provide handicap accessible pathways, so that even those disabled people can go hunt and fish? I really doubt we are talking about a paved, painted, and divided road here. I bet the OP continued onto a trail with his vehicle that the majority of us would be able to tell without a sign that you probably shouldn't drive down. That's why it hasn't happened to any of us.

The reason it hasn't happened to me is because I stay off of Government land as much as possible.

Sung woo Joo said:
I went to Allatoona wma a few weeks ago and went in there with my vehicle and I got a tresspassing ticket. The sign was damaged by some stupid people and now I have to pay $425 for my ticket. Is there any way I can waive that fine?

well, what happened ???

Inquiring minds want to know.:becky:

Back
Top Bottom