• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you had $50000 to invest for the future, where would you put it to make the most money?

50k or 5k?

50K I’d do real estate.

5k I’d do 4k in long term ibonds and 1k in crypto and let it ride until the end of the year.

but I’m also an idiot, so …….

Land period. Darn near anywhere. In 30 years I've witnessed raw, rocky hillside hunting land go from $350/acre to over $3,000/acre for the same "crap" land. To me land is safe. If nothing else I'd have a few acres to hunt / shoot on.

If you have the contacts to invest abroad, I would look into it. Your dollar is stronger in developing nations which can yield you crazy rates that people would never believe.

one word.... Bourbon
If you know what you are doing and what to buy before anyone else catches on...Bourbon has a higher return than the stock market.

I have done quite well with my bourbon collection, but I also started buying single barrel bourbons when most people's knowledge of bourbon didn't stretch much further than Jim and Jack. Can't tell you how man bottles of every year they make Pappy van Winkle and the other "in demand" bourbons I had over the years. A couple of buddies and I used to pick up a bottle of Pappy every other Friday after work and grill steaks and talk about old times....Some of those bottles didn't get opened and ended up sitting in the basement for a number of years...they are gone now but I sure didn't drink them all they paid for a really good Christmas one year. ..lol

A no brainer on $10k is buying an ibond from the Treasury. They are paying 7.12%. They are about to rerate them so it may even be higher. Look at at the rules and make sure you are comfortable.
and real rate of inflation is between 15-25%. the CPI is a lie

Back
Top Bottom