• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

illegal to do a trade at an FFL?

don't know that there's a law concerning it, but it's their property and they can legally ask you leave it.

This, doesn't really matter if they tell you to move on.

Agreed but thats not what the quetsion here is. I am not complaining about them doing it and have stated several times that the employee was very nice about the whole situation and no one had any hard feelings. was simply wondering about the actual legality of this as someone who normally chooses FFL's as a meet up spot

Agreed but thats not what the quetsion here is. I am not complaining about them doing it and have stated several times that the employee was very nice about the whole situation and no one had any hard feelings. was simply wondering about the actual legality of this as someone who normally chooses FFL's as a meet up spot

It's not illegal.

Just did a trade in Cherokee gun and pawn parking lot a couple weeks ago. I even told them I had to go out and make a trade and would be back in to buy a gun. They had no issue with it so I'm curious to hear the answer to this as well

My FFL dealer said as long as it was not inside the building, and he owned the parking lot also.

Wasn't the last one outside? LMAO

LOL, yeah. I had a buddy from the gun club, my brother and his GF in the Explorer with the windows down turning to the left at the Atl Expo Center when BAM! A poor guy just slums against the wall and sits on the sidewalk holding his leg. I stopped, grabbed the first aid kit and checked on him but he was okay. Ricochet off the glazed tile wall into his leg. Momo standing in line two people away holding a stainless J-frame (looked it) with a "Whut happened?" expression on his face.

I wouldn't do it (at local guys' shops) because I trade with them a lot. I would not want them to think I was intercepting a customer bringing an item into their store to sell or trade.

I bought one from a guy that brought one in to sell to my FFL, once he refused the offer, I asked him if would be ok for me to pursue, he said as long as we did it outside the building.

I've made a trade with the FFL owner in the garage adjacent to his shop. No paperwork, no hassle. Gave him my gun, took his gun... off we went back to the shop to solve the problems of the world with the other customers.

The fact that a gun comes into the FFL location does not require them to take it into their books. If it did, then every CCW holder would have to check their guns into the books of the FFL upon entering the shop. We know this does not happen and is not required.

As long as all the proper laws are followed regarding transactions between private individuals, it can take place anywhere that would not otherwise be prohibited.

Back
Top Bottom