• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In your home have you ever had....

Both

Had a TV that only pickup up 2 stations

And a CB base station back when it required a call sign
Ours was KKN-1300

.... a rotary dial phone?
.... a TV that didn't come with a remote?

Just came back from a class reunion. Based on the look of a few of my classmates (and some of their reactions to me) I'm apparently getting old... :rolleyes:

Both....our first TV was black and white and to dial a neighbor we only had to dial 4 digits unless the exchange was different.

had both--phone had a party line,,you had to wait for the guy down the street to get off before you could dial--black/white tv--no air in the house-back then we were tough-now we cry if tv w/500 channels or ac goes down and god forbid if the power goes out------lol

Both and don't forget not having a microwave in the house. How about black and white TV with rabbit ears and fuzzy VHF channels. Don't forget cars with points, 8 track players, 3 on the tree, and leaded gas.

Both. I think I remember spending the night at a friend's house and their TV had a wired remote control- I though that was amazing. Ours had a knob for channels 2 to 13 (I think) and the UHF or VHF setting where you'd manually tune in the upper frequency using the little knob behind the door on the side of the TV.

Of course, now we all have flat screens. And you can't fix the color using the three knobs inside the back cover of the TV.

Back
Top Bottom