• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In your home have you ever had....

We had:
Rotary dial phone
Console TV with dial and there was a record player with a radio
Finally had a 2 button remote to change channels, but you could also shake the car keys and it would change channels too
Big metal TV antenna on the roof
Had a record player that played 78's and 45's
My dad had an 8 track player in the house and in his car
Reel to reel movies!
My brother and I stayed up all night playing Space Invaders on the Atari we received for Christmas
My Aunt and Uncle were the first in the family to have the original version of Pong

You know you are getting old when you walk through an antique store and you see things you either had or played with as a kid! Still remember my Billy Blast Off set.

Last edited:
Black and white 3 stations 2,5,11, local Atlanta.and a party line 7-3598.Then it was GLendale 7-3598,457-3598.Got a/c in 1968

Both except in reality there was a remote... My siblings and I were the remote, and all you pre-remote kids should remember that one.

One of the greatest joys of my childhood was when I was able to upgrade the BW TV in my room to color, and I could finally enjoy Daisy Duke and the Dukes of Hazzard in color! :cool:

.... a rotary dial phone?
.... a TV that didn't come with a remote?

Just came back from a class reunion. Based on the look of a few of my classmates (and some of their reactions to me) I'm apparently getting old... :rolleyes:
We had an avacodo green wall mount rotary phone. I had a 13" Sears TV in my room that my grandparents bought me for Christmas. We lived right in town in Macon so we got about 4 channels.
A few years ago I bought a 1977 vintage Kenwood stereo receiver on ebay. I still use it in my garage. I LOVE old stereo receivers and speakers.

b&w tv, no remote
rotary phone
outhouse
wood heat( 3 fireplaces, 1 wood heater) our hobby was cutting firewood.lol
mom,dad, 3 kids. lived in 2 br house.

Back
Top Bottom