• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

In your home have you ever had....

Both. We had an old 27" RCA. That was the biggest tv I could have imagined as a kid.

Also a record player and 8 track player.

Black and white 3 stations 2,5,11, local Atlanta.and a party line 7-3598.Then it was GLendale 7-3598,457-3598.Got a/c in 1968

Yep! Black and White 3 stations, 3, 9, 12 in Chattanooga. To go back a little further, TV shows didn't come on til about 6pm. During the day, the Sears Silvertone TV showed a "test pattern" which was basically the logo of the local channel. Rabbit ears antenna on top of the set until we got an aluminum antenna on the roof. "Tune" the rabbit ears by putting aluminum foil on the ears.

Party line 2-1831, then MAdison 2-1831, then 622-1831.

Almost forgot. My dad bought a Kodak Super 8 Home movie recorder at Christmas one year. We still have a stack of those little round reel tapes.

Hurricane Lamps, Aluminum Foil on the rabbit ears, Party lines, Awnings that folded down for the Hurricanes, and Rotary Phones. Also the Camera's that had a flash bulb, filled with steel wool that would flame up for a flash..

In addition, how many of you got home from school, did your homework and then worked your ass off helping dad? I don't know of any kids today that do that.

In addition, how many of you got home from school, did your homework and then worked your ass off helping dad? I don't know of any kids today that do that.

Well if your going to go there, How about getting in trouble at school? Going to the principles office, bent over a desk and paddled and sent home with a note that had to be signed..When you got home and give it to Mom, she would knock the tar out of me and say (((Wait until Your Dad gets home)))) and then really get worn out..I learned quick, it just wasn't worth it..

Back
Top Bottom