• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inappropriate communication stupid texts and unwillingness to have a phone conversation.

I trade stuff all the time that won’t kill someone, however I’m not knowingly arming a thug, crackhead, some whacked out kid, etc.
Can you be fooled, yes. Should you still try? Yes
I agree on the arming a thug deal but, ODT feedback plays a major part on who I deal with. I don’t trade much so I use that system to my advantage.

Does no one really appreciate bargaining in a deal any more? I thought it was cool how my grandpa could always get a guy to come down on stuff at a trade day/flea market. Never really perceived it as annoying but if that’s the consensus then dually noted.
Nothing wrong if you want to haggle, just understand you'll be ignored by those who actually put their real asking price on items. I just price my stuff fairly and ignore hagglers. And my stuff always gets sold or traded for what I'm asking so no point in wasting time with those who like to haggle.

Why would I waste time haggling when I know soon enough a respectable member will just take it off my hands with no back and forths.

I will text or talk or pm.... totally up to you. However, I generally suggest text out of respect for whomever I'm dealing with. You see, I have trouble shutting up. I don't try to get you to throw extras in or any of that mess... but I might ask you about your dog. Might even ask "Green Egg vs Pellet grill?". That one is just to determine if I even want to meet you. The answer is always Green Egg.

If I'm trying to buy your stuff and you want to talk to me, thats great! I've had some great conversations with many of you. If you're trying to buy my stuff, pm me, set up a time and place and try to be on time.

Nothing wrong if you want to haggle, just understand you'll be ignored by those who actually put their real asking price on items. I just price my stuff fairly and ignore hagglers. And my stuff always gets sold or traded for what I'm asking so no point in wasting time with those who like to haggle.

Why would I waste time haggling when I know soon enough a respectable member will just take it off my hands with no back and forths.

Plus you run an actual business. I couldnt imagine haggling with a quote for your time and expertise.

This multicam job that has to be done within 24 hours and is 7 colors would be $400.

Some scrub: Nah fam, how does $200 sound?

Do that with your local mechanic, contractor, or plumber....see what happens. lol

Yeah keep blaming stuff constantly on the younger generations see who’s ass doesn’t wind up in a nursing home the minute it’s an option. That’s a general statement not just directed to the OP. That nonsense gets old quick.

except the rules state the time and place for the meet (and obviously price I’m pretty sure) must be agreed upon in pms. Not text. Texts are easy to fake. That way The admins can check anyones messages to confirm that someone did not back out of a deal they agreed to.

Texting and/or calling is the easiest way to communicate until there is an ODT app but you still gotta confirm in the pms hence why some people won’t do the former options.
Fantastic. After we have the conversation and agree to meet. Document the terms via PM.

You don’t want to talk to me? Put it back in the safe or sell it to someone else. If I say I’m interested, I can afford to purchase it.

Does no one really appreciate bargaining in a deal any more? I thought it was cool how my grandpa could always get a guy to come down on stuff at a trade day/flea market. Never really perceived it as annoying but if that’s the consensus then dually noted.
You can negotiate and bargain via PM. Members have done it with me many times.

Dealing in PMs is much better for me. I’m less likely to tell someone to F*** off if I have a few seconds to reconsider my response to ‘Drive an hour with your $50 camera and I’ll buy it’ or ‘what’s your bottom dollar on the half-price ladder stand?’ Make a big boy offer if you want a real response.

I’d consider answering the phone if there were less mouth breathers on here.

Fantastic. After we have the conversation and agree to meet. Document the terms via PM.

You don’t want to talk to me? Put it back in the safe or sell it to someone else. If I say I’m interested, I can afford to purchase it.
You are not everyone. What applies to you does not apply to everyone else. Another thing all you old timers fail to realize. Everyone thinks that they’re unique way of doing business is the right way and assume everyone else thinks the same as they do.

And I would imagine most people that attempt haggling/bargaining/whatever assume that when someone who is willing to pay full price comes along while they’re still trying to negotiate, the seller will sell. At least I would assume that.

Back
Top Bottom