• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inconsistencies in trades...

I swear to God I want to offer these douche nozzles (posting their Kimber 45 fer sail or trade [heavily in my favor]) my Les Baer in trade but I can only meet this Sunday at 12:08 - 12:17 p.m. at the Jakin Fire Rescue Station, in Jakin Georgia. I gots fo hunnet dollah boot to add to the trade too. It'd be worth the neg.

Had 1 make me a ridiculous offer...... I told him I would meet him at Dobbins AFB on a day that President was flying in!
Please Do........ they MODS can put your Neg(s) on my Acct.......

Agreed to a trade Easter Sunday, just needed to finalize day and time. Asked availability... crickets. He relisted it at some point after our discussion because his previous follow-up posts were gone and listing time was refreshed. Next day later I asked if we were still good (and asked a follow-up question because I noticed the refresh) and get response that next door neighbor bought it (evening before) and it's marked gone now :wacko:

fuggin fudds

I know, and I really try hard not to say something to the guy, but you almost have to because you aren't sure if it is a typo, or a price gouger, etc...

I am not sure why people think that used guns are worth retail, up to 2x retail.

Is it that they over payed at a price gouging LGS? Or maybe they figure that people who don't want to buy from a dealer, are willing to pay more? The latter raises other questions in my mind, but that's a different conversation...

I realize the argument that some make, that you can ask whatever you want and if a buyer agrees, who cares...

But my point is simply, why WOULD you charge so much for something that you have to know, isn't worth that? Just to see if you can?

I know, and I really try hard not to say something to the guy, but you almost have to because you aren't sure if it is a typo, or a price gouger, etc...

I am not sure why people think that used guns are worth retail, up to 2x retail.

Is it that they over payed at a price gouging LGS? Or maybe they figure that people who don't want to buy from a dealer, are willing to pay more? The latter raises other questions in my mind, but that's a different conversation...

I realize the argument that some make, that you can ask whatever you want and if a buyer agrees, who cares...

But my point is simply, why WOULD you charge so much for something that you have to know, isn't worth that? Just to see if you can?
they are the type of guy who asks every girl to **** and settles on a porker (then they think of themselves as a player, its funny)

to quote the cramps "i want the most, but ill take the least"

Per the original post, regarding the 1st part of it- yes, have experienced, mainly from 1 google queen here, your (my) gun is worth crap due to it being sold for $ less than what you are fairly asking.

Per the original post, regarding the 1st part of it- yes, have experienced, mainly from 1 google queen here, your (my) gun is worth crap due to it being sold for $ less than what you are fairly asking.

Yeah, that would be annoying... just because one guy sold one dirt cheap on Armslist in another state a year ago... that doesn't set the bar for negotiations... LOL

That's why I tend to go by Bud's and GA Gun Store. One large internet retailer, and one large LGS that sells a lot for good prices. That gives me a good average of what the "going rate" is...

Back
Top Bottom