• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Inflation

Inflation is real and interest rates need to go up not down. Real money needs to be worth at least 10% more than borrowed money, and people need to be forced to learn the value of a dollar. I bought my first house in 1984 and paid 16% interest.View attachment 7037502
Dang, best I ever got on CDs back then was 15% interest.
Did have a friend with a 17 1/2 % home loan, though.

Yes I saw this coming. COVID came along. If they hadn't done the stimulus package, we would've had far more rioting and looting than we did. That's when they just started printing money. I already knew we'd all be paying for that. Nothing's free. So in effect they just spread the problems out on a longer term to give time to overcome it. So then they raised everybody's salary. People were jumping for joy. Well I knew it would just make the price of everything else rise. Thing is there were a lot of bad decisions made compounding the problems we already had. Now we have a immigrant invasion that has caused yet more problems. And yet more bad decisions are being made

Yes I saw this coming. COVID came along. If they hadn't done the stimulus package, we would've had far more rioting and looting than we did. That's when they just started printing money. I already knew we'd all be paying for that. Nothing's free. So in effect they just spread the problems out on a longer term to give time to overcome it. So then they raised everybody's salary. People were jumping for joy. Well I knew it would just make the price of everything else rise. Thing is there were a lot of bad decisions made compounding the problems we already had. Now we have a immigrant invasion that has caused yet more problems. And yet more bad decisions are being made
Unfortunately, those of us on fixed incomes are ****ed.
Other than that massive 3.2% Social Security raise this year.

Kind of misleading... House values rising so much over the last few years have literally nothing to do with inflation.

That being said, between the incredible increase in house prices and 8% mortgage rates, I don;t know how anyone can afford a house these days unless you are selling one that's already paid off.

My Brother in Law had a 4500sq ft house. I told them that they wouldn't be able to replace it for the same money they sold. They bought land in north Ga. They thought they were going to build a new house, but now they can't afford it. They wound up buying a 1700sq ft house. Now they're mad at us because I was right. Oh well.......
Man i hate that.

The current administration certainly made things worse by throwing gas on the fire with an additional round of stimulus, but the previous administration, the one run by the guy I voted for, did three rounds of stimulus and is much more responsible for the inflation than the current incompetent boob.

Trump certainly liked those printing presses.
Lets not forget or all of a sudden amnesia that the Republicans are the ones that went into IRAQ looking for weapons of mass destruction and then stayed...or the war on drugs that didnt really work.

This isnt an one side fix people. The problem is both sides looking to buy votes by spending spending spending.

Kind of misleading... House values rising so much over the last few years have literally nothing to do with inflation.

That being said, between the incredible increase in house prices and 8% mortgage rates, I don;t know how anyone can afford a house these days unless you are selling one that's already paid off.

It’s not “kind of misleading”. When prices of materials go up (inflation) house values go up as well. (Inflation). When a piece of Osb is 3x what it was but I guarantee the folks making it ain’t getting a raise what’s that called? Same as your grocery bill

Back
Top Bottom