is this hunting? (wait and spear)

End result is the same. Tasty pig! Did any of you haters take notice of the number of swine under his stand? Do you know how fast them rascals reproduce? Everyone thinks they want pigs on their property, until they have pigs on their property. DESTRUCTIVE!

End result is the same. Tasty pig! Did any of you haters take notice of the number of swine under his stand? Do you know how fast them rascals reproduce? Everyone thinks they want pigs on their property, until they have pigs on their property. DESTRUCTIVE!

Yeah because killing them by dropping a spear from a tree is such an effective eradication method.

Kill them all but do it efficiently.

Sure. Natives around the globe do it everyday, to live.
I personally have zero interest in killing something with a spear.... because I don't have to. I have infinitely more efficient methods.

Oh, yeah - in a survival situation, all bets are off.

I just don't think I can say that using anything other than a rifle isn't "hunting". And I totally agree with you that hunting is a lot more than the taking of the animal. I think we would both agree that the kill is just a part of the process and that it should be as efficient as possible. But some folks would say that any killing of an animal is cruel. Or that using a handgun is not efficient enough. Again - going back to the continuum.

Either way, if more hunters thought more like you and less like the Youtube yahoos, people who are not hunters would not be so turned off.

Yeah because killing them by dropping a spear from a tree is such an effective eradication method.

Kill them all but do it efficiently.

Gun, Bow, Spear, Ninja star, flame thrower, powerstroke diesel.....I don't care how you kill those damn things, just kill them.

Gun, Bow, Spear, Ninja star, flame thrower, powerstroke diesel.....I don't care how you kill those damn things, just kill them.

Yeah I think I have said that at least 5 times now, but you still do it quickly and efficiently. If you do not have the balls to get on the ground with your spear and ninja star to do it quickly, then use your gun or grenade.

I just don't think I can say that using anything other than a rifle isn't "hunting.
Hope I never implied that. :confused: I PERSONALLY only hunt with firearms but for example, I intend to shoot a deer with a pistol this year. It'll either be a .30 Herrett or a .44 mag and it'll be very close range with the aid of optics. I expect it to be a VERY quick and humane kill. I've seen deer shot with bows that are DRT. But I've seen and heard way way too many stories about "lost" deer. So, it's just not for me. Is it still 'hunting'? Sure.
If you look up the word 'hunting' in various dictionaries, you may be hard pressed to find the word "kill" in there at all.

nevermind the spear. Killing anything from a stand over bait is not hunting. It is killing. I don't per say have a problem with it, but I have no interest in doing it, nor do I consider it hunting.

Hope I never implied that. :confused: I PERSONALLY only hunt with firearms but for example, I intend to shoot a deer with a pistol this year. It'll either be a .30 Herrett or a .44 mag and it'll be very close range with the aid of optics. I expect it to be a VERY quick and humane kill. I've seen deer shot with bows that are DRT. But I've seen and heard way way too many stories about "lost" deer. So, it's just not for me. Is it still 'hunting'? Sure.
If you look up the word 'hunting' in various dictionaries, you may be hard pressed to find the word "kill" in there at all.

I think I may have inferred it more than you implied it.

If I were able to, I would love to stalk and take a medium size game animal with a "primitive" weapon, but ONLY if I was very, very good at it. Never will be, so it won't happen! Were I to hunt deer, hogs and the like, I would definitely use a rifle, as that is the only thing I would feel confident enough to use. Maybe a pistol.

Happy hunting! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom