• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Justice Department Announces New Rule to Address Stabilizing Braces, Accessories Used to Convert Pistols into Short-Barreled Rifles

Well they did it, ATF is saying 120 days to register braced pistols as SBR's or to make em rifles.

View attachment 5206889

EDIT: Didn't see there was already a thread in firearms chat.
Say they process one app per minute 6 days /wk. it would take 80 years.

Say they process one app per minute 6 days /wk. it would take 80 years.
This is true as well... Maybe they will move all those new IRS agents over to NFA branch.

On that note... how is a DoJ agency able to rescind a tax levied by Congress anyway?

It would almost make sense if they were still under Treasury, but this is like the FBI saying you don't have to pay income tax on any weed you sell.

Even more overreach and could possibly be the straw that breaks the camel's back when this gets to court.

This whole rule is bad news... agency overreach, circumventing the legislative branch, waive/rescind current tax levied by congress, etc etc.
Plus, AFT doesn't even have the lawful ability to waive the tax fee on registering an NFA item. They are smoking out of Hunter's stash.

Plus, AFT doesn't even have the lawful ability to waive the tax fee on registering an NFA item. They are smoking out of Hunter's stash.
They have done it before, though in much smaller instances. Like when the Cobray Streetsweeper was reclassified from shotgun to destructive device after its release.

I think the estimate is about 40 million braced pistols, assuming 50% compliance that's four billion in tax stamps that the treasury is missing out on. Think someone higher up might complain, lol.

They have done it before, though in much smaller instances. Like when the Cobray Streetsweeper was reclassified from shotgun to destructive device after its release.

Yeah, but I'm thinking that was when they were still part of the Treasury. I don't see how any DoJ agency has the authority to waive taxes.

Anybody that registers is playing right into their hands. It's never been about the $200, it's about the registering. They pass this, tell you to "destroy" or register in a certain amount of time...then there are 13 law suits that take 2yrs to over turn their unconstitutional law, but by that time they've added a ton of people to their registry and tricked a ton more to destroy their toys while also closing down or financially effecting a bunch of businesses.
Look at the bumpstock ruling .... They just over turned it, but the damage was done!!
They win!
These ****ers know exactly what they are doing.... We're playing checkers, they're playing chess! Resistance is the only way to win, but most people can't afford that battle.... financially, mentally or physically...

Which is exactly why it probably won't stick...

True ....but the problem is that it won't "unstick" within the next 120 days ... Which means they'll accomplish plenty before they're finally reeled back in.
Remember the whole 2A battle is setup against us. This isn't tug of war....we never gain ground. They push and all we do is fight not to lose it. It's an unfair fight that, if it continues the way it always has, we will lose sooner or later. At some point we have to push back so that we're actually able to gain ground now and then or they will just chip away until they accomplish their mission.
Take the bumpstock thing. People are saying we won....did we? I mean really? How many bumpstocks we're destroyed? How much money wasted fighting them in court? How many businesses closed or effected, and jobs lost.... I'm telling you, they know exactly what they're doing, and as long as this is the way we keep fighting them, we WILL lose sooner or later. They're chipping away...and chipping, and chipping.

Back
Top Bottom