• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Law called for me shooting on my Own land. What is the law?

Sec. 3-4-207. - Discharging firearms.[Broken External Image]:
It shall be unlawful to discharge a firearm within the confines of Henry County:​
(1)
Within fifty (50) yards of a public roadway;
(2)
Within two hundred (200) yards of the dwelling house of another;
(3)
Within any zoning district zoned and developed for residential purposes (except R-A zoning); or
(4)
In such a manner as to endanger another's life, limb or property.
(Ord. No. 82-10, § 18, 7-20-82; Ord. No. 89-13, 8-1-89)​
State law reference- Discharge of firearms on or near public highway, Official Code of Georgia Annotated § 16-11-103, discharge of firearms on property of another, Official Code of Georgia Annotated § 16-11-104​

I not sure what this means to us in layman's terms but for the OP, We called, they said it was okay. Cop showed up once (out of maybe 15-20 times), it was still okay. I guess he just didn't like your face :p
Sorry to hear about the citation. Seems a little out of bounds, but maybe call the office and let them know you're intending to do some target shooting/sighting on a given weekend... Could help and improve relations. Just my .02

I not sure what this means to us in layman's terms but for the OP, We called, they said it was okay. Cop showed up once (out of maybe 15-20 times), it was still okay. I guess he just didn't like your face :p
Sorry to hear about the citation. Seems a little out of bounds, but maybe call the office and let them know you're intending to do some target shooting/sighting on a given weekend... Could help and improve relations. Just my .02
Screw all that. I shoot in Fayette county now.vthey don't give a ****. Everytime I use my slide fire they show up. Always nice and respectful. They check out the slide fire and tell me to be careful and have a nice day.

Only going to get worse as the south side of Atlanta Metro Area becomes more populated by the folks moving in that are in love with the quaintness of the areas....then try to change it to conform to what they're used to...

Seeing that in my county. Folks from Atlanta move here to be rural, then lobby for all the public services they had before they moved. Drives me nuts!!

We don't necessarily want to be "rural," we just want to shoot, but it does not give us the right to disturb the neighbors any more than anyone else can. We "city folk" have to go Class III so we don't interrupt afternoon tea.:rolleyes:

My brother is a cop and the way he tells it that if you are accused of any violation (not just this example) you have the right and the cop has the obligation to show you the exact law you are breaking and why it pertains to you. Also to explain it to you if you do not understand it. If it is done at the time the cop shows up then both parties have a way better chance of understanding the law. Cops can be wrong but citizens can be wrong also. In this case if you have done nothing wrong I would have the law enforement ppl that were called to inform the caller that you are doing nothing wrong to prevent future calls.

Back
Top Bottom