• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s beat a dead horse.....

I think some people just put bill o sail in there just to maybe spook off any people that maybe up to no good on here. I have bought several items that had that in the description and it was never brought up during transaction. Maybe if the guys shows up and acts shady or sketchy then he would make them do a bill o sail. Just my two cents

I think some people just put bill o sail in there just to maybe spook off any people that maybe up to no good on here. I have bought several items that had that in the description and it was never brought up during transaction. Maybe if the guys shows up and acts shady or sketchy then he would make them do a bill o sail. Just my two cents
Be cool when buying shady guns.

If they are "sketchy" enough to warrant a BOS, I'm not dealing with them.

This is a story of two different ads on ODT.....

The first: has a relatively new member with some nice guns, but one in particular i am thinking of .....his ad is priced seemingly decent. Nice ad, fair pics, blah,blah.... but ya get to the end there where it says “BILL OF SALE” and the entry is yes. Then in his description he wants Name , address, DOB, copy of DL & CCW and of course wants to do the meet at a po po station.

Second : has an ad from another relatively newish member, who has the exact same item, $50 less, no BOS, no b.s. , with a fairly straight forward ad. Decent pics, etc., gun looks almost new.

Which ad you gonna opt to buy from ?

:pop2::pop2: :deadhorse::deadhorse:

I always overpay and include my SS number and copy of my birth certificate and credit report with every transaction, buy or sell.

According to our overlords, ODT feedback is only relevant to showing up for the trade. If I get there and don't like the item, it's not as described, or you have revised the terms, a negative won't stick. It's actually kind of useless. Still, some see it as the Word or God and treat it with the same mystical reverence. :loco:

According to our overlords, ODT feedback is only relevant to showing up for the trade. If I get there and don't like the item, it's not as described, or you have revised the terms, a negative won't stick. It's actually kind of useless. Still, some see it as the Word or God and treat it with the same mystical reverence. :loco:

I've noticed that a lot of Negs that people have were lame and if they had filed a complaint, the Neg would have been removed.

The Mods do very much get involved with transactions also, don't ask me how I know.

Back
Top Bottom