• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to buy new Diesel pickup need input

Which Brand do you recommend and why?

• Total voters
My duece fiddy gets the job done. The 6.7L hauls my skid steer with a mulcher on a 20+3 trailer up the crappy mountain dirt road. I can't tell you much about the others but mine works so there is that. It's also super comfy. When I hurt my back last year getting in and out was better than getting in my wife's suv and the truck seat was the only place I could actually get comfortable outside of bed. It isn't necessary to keep the def parts. From what I hear.

Best answer. If you don't tow, like daily, then it's such a waste of a truck. I ain't talking about towing a bass, or ski boat. I mean real towing.
I don’t agree, 1500 with a gas motor “MIGHT” get 18mpg

My Dually with 3.73 gears gets 17.5-18 all day long.
250 in Ford or 2500 in Ram will get even better as they have a 3.31 gear.

I’d assume the Rams are the same, but my 2014 F350 is crazy fast completely stock.

Chevy or Ram if you want a gas burner, but if you hook to anything at all the mileage goes to ****.

If it were me, I wouldn't buy a new one. Way too expensive, you have to deal with emissions and the fuel economy isn't what the pre 07' models were.
What I would buy is a pre 07' Dodge with the 5.9L Cummins. Better fuel economy and no Blue Def to deal with. Manufactures went to a larger displacement engine to compensate for the new emissions requirements in 07', Thus the fuel mileage went down and reliability due to more sophistication for the emissions. Also the older trucks still have steel bumpers. Obviously the new trucks tow and haul more, but at a cost. It will take patience to find the right deal, low mileage and excellent condition as these trucks were bought to drive hard in most cases
MPG suck except when empty and I get about the same with my 6.7 except I can keep up with traffic at 75 and never even think about with my 10,000lb toy hauler.
And better fuel mileage loaded.

I have a 06 F450 6.0 no HP but insane torque
My 2018 ram 3500 6.7 with the aisin has weightloss surgery. Im well over 600 HP and 1100 Torque The truck is amazing and the Mpg with no trailer is almost 20 highway in a truck running 36" tires. I have always been a dodge fan for their SRTs and Jeeps The dodge has been amazing

I am a GMC Fan but have never had a 2500-3500 from them

I just bought my 2014 F350. Mostly wanted to be sure my trade was the same value as I figured just shopping, as I had my eye one a 2018, but it had 366,xxx miles. I’m a big Ram fan, but I didn’t get past 2nd gear before I knew I wanted this one, 185xxx always dealer maintained and never had anything major go wrong.
I had to put a Low pressure pump and cold side air charge pipe on it. (Easy enough to work on) But it’s seems to be sorted out and will be making another 6hour pull to the track on Friday.

Back
Top Bottom