• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1 range day

Be careful shooting modern loads out of a Garand. They were designed for more tame 30-06 loads. Modern commercial loss can bend the operating rod.

Nice rifle by the way, but you should be shooting it using the sling, the way God intended. :)
Yeah, what he said. Get an adjustable gas plug to run modern 3006. The pressure impulse is different in garand specific ammo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If you can find some, try some GI black tips. They hold tighter groups than the M2 Ball rounds.

Also, the HXP shoots very well. There was some match type M2 spec stuff that was sold in Europe around 2000, it is the tightest factory load I have seen in a Garand.

And...write down your sight settings on a business card and stick it in your butt. You will not remember once you have enough Garands to use that stacking swivel. :thumb:

Be careful shooting modern loads out of a Garand. They were designed for more tame 30-06 loads. Modern commercial loss can bend the operating rod.

Nice rifle by the way, but you should be shooting it using the sling, the way God intended. :)
Thanks, I'm reloading my own to published M1 pressures.

Thanks, I'm reloading my own to published M1 pressures.
Sweet, that's one thing I've always wanted to get into!

I assume then you've read primer types/seating depths etc ad nauseum in relation to preventing slam fire with the Garand...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom