• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most $$$ you've put into a gun over time.

It’s easy to do with a $550 light combo $300+ irons and a decent stock and grip. Heaven forbid I have to buy more geissele h2 or h3 buffer tubes
Yep! Just purchased a Surefire Scout with pressure pad and tailcap from a member here, a new FDE ACOG and RMR combo, and a Keymo suppressor mount. Hopefully buying a Geissele trigger from a member here this week as well.

I’ve been wanting to try the PSA two stage trigger that measures about 3.5-4lbs. They’re $89 dollars. Looking at the tooling it’s made by Schmidt so the quality is there. Mike on Garand Thumb mentions them in his JAKL video. I just have a hard time not buying the name brand gear. I always end up taking a budget build and putting way to much money in it.

Here's my latest money pit. Bushmaster ACR. New ACOG w/RMR, Surefire Scout light, Steiner DBAL, Unity dual pressure pad, Troy offset flip ups, and Geissele trigger. I had most all of the accessories en route before I ever picked up the rifle.

Attachments

• 20240122_155942.jpg
    20240122_155942.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240122_160000.jpg
    20240122_160000.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 24
My latest money pit:

Yhm t2 suppress with Rearden adapter and cherry bomb
Dbal i2
Ergo 4245 handstop/barricade
Bcm sling qd
Subrev tech sling storage
BFG sling
Sampson med vertical foregrip
KAC irons
Surefire turbo tanodized
With ds07 cap and switch
Cloud mlok switch mount
KAC factory cqb mod 2 e3 11.5” complete upper w/ urx 4
Geissele AB CH
Scalaworks leap with kick optic mount 1.54”
Trijicon acxupoiunt 1-6 (green triangle post)
Trijicon rmr @ 40*
Larue Lower
Magpul Bad lever
Dear Sherman designs pistol grip
Magpul CTR stock
KAC buffer weight
G$ super 42 spring
Larue buffer tube
Larue lpk
G$ SSA-e trigger
Radian 45/90 safety

Probably going back to an ssa trigger but she is nearly done. Time for some selective cerakote to wrap up my black and tan look and calling it done

Attachments

• IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3275.jpeg
    IMG_3275.jpeg
    181.8 KB · Views: 21
How much does she have invested in shoes and purses? Mine said the same thing and then bought a Louis Vuitton bag. She's not allowed to chime in on my gun buying habits anymore....
If my wife bought a Louis Vuitton I might have to use one of my overpriced guns on her.
Unless she pinky-swears she got it at the consignment shop.

My wife told me the other day that she felt $5,000 for a pistol was a little excessive.

How much does she have invested in shoes and purses? Mine said the same thing and then bought a Louis Vuitton bag. She's not allowed to chime in on my gun buying habits anymore....

If my wife bought a Louis Vuitton I might have to use one of my overpriced guns on her.
Unless she pinky-swears she got it at the consignment shop.

my wife and I get an "allowance". We earn different amounts, but each get the same spending money every month. She doesn't get to give me any crap for how I spend mine, and I don't give her crap on how she spends hers. Takes any gun/gear drama right out of the equation.

My wife's a redneck, her purse holds her public defender rather nicely and she has twice as many pairs of boots than shoes. I told her I'd let her shoot my new pistol so she's happy and life is good.

Back
Top Bottom