• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most $$$ you've put into a gun over time.

My “go-to” AR would probably cost about $3500 to rebuild. Factory BCM with Acog, RMR, light, trigger, furniture, and dedicated suppressor.

I’ve spent a lot more than that trying different setups but always sold stuff I didn’t like.
I have a couple of 3 gun rifles that I have that much in or more, including optics.

Over $6k invested in a papered correct M1-c Garand sniper
:usa2:

IMG_7863.jpeg

bought a custom barreled action a few years ago (ARC Nucleus with a 308 barrel by LRI). Probably $1200 for the BA. Then MDT stock, BixnAndy trigger, ARC rings, Vortex Gen 3 scope, MDT ckye-pod, MDT mags, etc. etc. I shudder to think about how much all of that was, but doing it a little at a time you don't really notice it as much.

Same for my primary AR- LMT MRP with 5.56/6.8spc barrels and 6.8spc enhanced BCG, Dead Air Nomad, SSA-e trigger, MRO, airborne charging handle, bootleg adjustable carrier, A5 buffer/tube, etc.

My most expensive guns start out as cheap project guns. Usually missing parts and picked for little or free. Then its dump several hundred dollars and hours of parts searching, repairing and refinishing. I “won” a Mossberg 42Bb once. Didn’t realize I had bid on one missing the bolt. After all done I probably had $400 in it. Not including hours of timeSold it one here for $250. So if any fed bois want to string me up for selling a gun for profit, makes sure you include this post.

Probably about $4,750 in a Rem 700 (started out as a $535 PSS in .308 if memory serves). After "upgrades" and a little smithing, the thing is good to 1,200 yards with 174 grain BTHPs but damn, it's long and heavy and the magazines cost like rip.

I wouldn't do it again.
I use to love a PSS then I discovered Bergara's. But PSSs were my go to rifles.

Back
Top Bottom