• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most $$$ you've put into a gun over time.

Over time? That would probably be my Colt M4 Carbine. With the cost of the OEM rifle, Aimpoint T2 Micro, mount, SD3G trigger, Troy sights, BCM handguard, CHF barrel, $200 SBR tax stamp & misc parts. I added it up one day and it was over $3k.

I somehow managed to spend around $3000 on a Gucci Glock one time too. Yeah, I know. Crazy.

The most I've ever spent on any firearm was all at once. Staccato XC with optic and Surefire X300. Over $5k. I still have it and don't regret that purchase whatsoever.

One week several years ago a big box sporting goods store was selling a super magnum caliber hunting rifle for a very low CLEARANCE PRICE of something like $350 just to get rid of it. This is a gun that probably should've cost $800 new.

Since I never owned a gun capable of killing anything that walks the face of the Earth, and came in a round that was well respected for grizzly bears, lions, & cape buffalo...

... I thought, "why not?"

I could always use something like that to deal with the squirrels that climb up my birdfeeder.

But, then I got to thinking about the cost of all the other stuff I would have to buy after I purchased this gun for
a paltry $ 350.

Scope base made for the heaviest magnum hunting rifles out there-$100.

Heavy duty rings --- $100.

A Quality scope that is known
to be rugged. ----- $400.

Sling. --- $50.

Four boxes of ammo, each a different bullet weight and or brand, to test what does rifle shoots most accurately.
4 x $80 = $320.

After all the test ammo is used up , I would have to buy at least 100 rounds (five boxes) of what seems to be the best ammo for it. At 80 bucks per box of 20, now my little stash of ammo to keep near the gun would be $400.

Now the total financial investment I would have in this gun,

would be $1720.

I passed on the chance to buy it on clearance.

One week several years ago a big box sporting goods store was selling a super magnum caliber hunting rifle for a very low CLEARANCE PRICE of something like $350 just to get rid of it. This is a gun that probably should've cost $800 new.

Since I never owned a gun capable of killing anything that walks the face of the Earth, and came in a round that was well respected for grizzly bears, lions, & cape buffalo...

... I thought, "why not?"

I could always use something like that to deal with the squirrels that climb up my birdfeeder.

But, then I got to thinking about the cost of all the other stuff I would have to buy after I purchased this gun for
a paltry $ 350.

Scope base made for the heaviest magnum hunting rifles out there-$100.

Heavy duty rings --- $100.

A Quality scope that is known
to be rugged. ----- $400.

Sling. --- $50.

Four boxes of ammo, each a different bullet weight and or brand, to test what does rifle shoots most accurately.
4 x $80 = $320.

After all the test ammo is used up , I would have to buy at least 100 rounds (five boxes) of what seems to be the best ammo for it. At 80 bucks per box of 20, now my little stash of ammo to keep near the gun would be $400.

Now the total financial investment I would have in this gun,

would be $1720.

I passed on the chance to buy it on clearance.
Alright, now I need to know more. What rifle and what cartridge??........When was this, what year?

Takes some coin to make a Geissele solid brown. It was worth it!
20230401_130220.jpg
20230401_130343.jpg
IMG_1994.jpeg

More than I'd care to admit. I have a 300 prc with a 3k scope on it and a 1k suppressor.

My mk18 has probably $2500 in upgrades on it, counting tax stamps.

Everything keeps getting more expensive. I’m finishing up a 16” KAC upper, noveske lower, Nightforce nx8. Wanted another scalaworks mount but was $565 before shipping for the same combo on my 11.5” KAC. My mind is blown seeing how much all of this is going up.

I'm 2k in on an optic and over 1k in on other accessories for a rifle that I wayyyyy overpaid for and hasn't even arrived yet..... Supposed to be here Thursday as long as UPS doesn't screw up.

I'm 2k in on an optic and over 1k in on other accessories for a rifle that I wayyyyy overpaid for and hasn't even arrived yet..... Supposed to be here Thursday as long as UPS doesn't screw up.

It’s easy to do with a $550 light combo $300+ irons and a decent stock and grip. Heaven forbid I have to buy more geissele h2 or h3 buffer tubes

Back
Top Bottom