• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Most $$$ you've put into a gun over time.

Probably about $4,750 in a Rem 700 (started out as a $535 PSS in .308 if memory serves). After "upgrades" and a little smithing, the thing is good to 1,200 yards with 174 grain BTHPs but damn, it's long and heavy and the magazines cost like rip.

I wouldn't do it again.

Got a great deal on a MR762 on here a few months ago. Found alot of good deals when upgrading as well. Installed the HK quad rail, Geissele trigger, Geissele charging handle, extended trigger guard, G28 stock and buffer tube, ambi endplate sling attatchment, troy backup sights, and a Trijicon vcog. It is the most I've ever sank into a firearm. I have just over $6000 into it. Worth it

Ruger 10/22 back in early 1990's: $200.
The 3rd scope I put on it
was a decent one-- $100.
Gunsmith's trigger job: $120.
Green Mountain 22" fluted barrel with Bentz chamber -- $130. (on clearance sale).

Three different aftermarket stocks for it:
a cheap plastic "Dragunov" one for $50,
a Hogue overmolded (sticky rubber covering ) for $100,
and a Fajen "Legacy" fully adjustable target stock for $180.

Then I upgraded the iron sights to target style 1 mm aperture rear with rubber eyecup, and hooded globe-insert using front sight with bubble level: $100.

One cheap carry sling and one decent quality leather rifle shooting sling: $75.

So, in this .22 rifle I now have invested
about $1100.

7C8AEA42-D4F0-4A65-BC2F-989BF4751F46.jpeg

Pic shows it in the Hogue Overmolded stock

I put a $3400 scope on my KIDD supergrade.

If we don't count optics then its probably $1k into a stock 10/22.

While upgrading is fun I've found it to be more cost effective to just buy the fancy version up front.

10/22? Buy a Kidd or VQ
1911? Buy a nighthawk, LB, WC etc
Glock? Buy a shadow systems
Rem 700? Build a custom gun or "factory" GAP

Got a great deal on a MR762 on here a few months ago. Found alot of good deals when upgrading as well. Installed the HK quad rail, Geissele trigger, Geissele charging handle, extended trigger guard, G28 stock and buffer tube, ambi endplate sling attatchment, troy backup sights, and a Trijicon vcog. It is the most I've ever sank into a firearm. I have just over $6000 into it. Worth it
I'd like to see pics. I have a decked out MR762 as well.

My “go-to” AR would probably cost about $3500 to rebuild. Factory BCM with Acog, RMR, light, trigger, furniture, and dedicated suppressor.

I’ve spent a lot more than that trying different setups but always sold stuff I didn’t like.

Back
Top Bottom