MY first stamp.

IMaDad

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
36   0
Reaction score
I am going to put in for my first stamp in january. I have a few weapons that could use a can:
AR in 5.56 with surefire brake/comp
10/22
m&p22 pistol
Glock 17
Glock 19
Savage .30-06

I am thinking of starting with a .22 can. I can afford to shoot .22, and i would love a super quiet one.
Can someone recommend what can to buy, .22 or not.
Also, i am between 2 ideas for the stamp:

1- converting the 10/22 to integrally suppressed. like this, i may even trade mine towards a takedown exactly like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv6_5fuuimc

2-buying a can for .22lr only

3- getting a 5.56 or 9mm can that I can take down and clean (if available) so i can use it on .22 as well

Thoughts? Im a newb to this

Get a dedicated 22 can first. You will use it the most, its the cheapest, smallest, and quietest. And hosts are normally cheaper as well.

Look at the SWR Spectre II, and Silencerco Sparrow for the top of the heap in performance and easy cleaning.

On a budget, look at the Huntertown offerings and Thompson Machine.

Black Friday cleaned me out on SWR and Silencerco, but I'll have more of each in a few weeks.

I also have ONE of those integral Thompson Machine 10/22 Takedowns on the way as well. It is really sweet.

Shoot me a call or email if I can be of further assistance.

Get a dedicated 22 can first. You will use it the most, its the cheapest, smallest, and quietest. And hosts are normally cheaper as well.

Look at the SWR Spectre II, and Silencerco Sparrow for the top of the heap in performance and easy cleaning.

On a budget, look at the Huntertown offerings and Thompson Machine.

Black Friday cleaned me out on SWR and Silencerco, but I'll have more of each in a few weeks.

I also have ONE of those integral Thompson Machine 10/22 Takedowns on the way as well. It is really sweet.

Shoot me a call or email if I can be of further assistance.

Although you pretty much "have" to get a dedicated 22 can as your first suppressor, I have to say my Thompson Machine 22 integral sees about 75% of my suppressor use. My only regret is not getting the 10" integral and doing an SBR.

how about a 5.56 or 9mm can that i can shoot .22 through as well. are there any i can take apart and clean? do you advise for or against this?

There are a few out there, like Huntertown Arms, but I would advise against it. 22 is dirty, and it needs to be cleaned so really you are compromising on a multi-caliber can using 22. I think you get better compromise type cans with 556/308 models.

However, if budget dictated you had to go that route, I would look at the Liberty Mystic over Huntertown Arms.

I am out of those until the first of the year. That would be a great double duty can though, as it does take apart for cleaning.

What 22s would this go on? The reason I ask is weight. Take apart cans that can handle 556 are very heavy.

I will have more guardian 9s after the first of the year as well, that could be a good option.

If i could do a "double duty can" it would likely be for my AR and my 10/22 and M&P22(pistol)
I wouldnt mind the weight. I have an ultrasonic cleaner as well, so i can keep it very clean, very easily.

I have a mystic that is supposed to handle a lot of cailbers but it is bulky on my 22 and don't want to fire on my 556 because of pressure and sound. I promise that once you buy one, you will buy more. You don't want to damage an $800 to $1,000 can just so you can shoot with 22, 9, and 556. Get a 22 lr, get a 45 can (so you cover 9mm as well) and get an 308 can. You can cover everything. That is what I did. I did not think weight or length was a big deal with me but wait until you shoot a 22lr can and a 9mm can on 22lr pistol. I think Quiet Riot had some great deals on 22 cans.

Just my personal opinion, but any can that will work on your AR will be absolutely miserable on your MP22. Very big and heavy. Heavier than the host pistol - kind of heavy.

But the Huntertown Kestrel 556 would fill that role.

Back
Top Bottom