• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help from Jeep Wrangler owners!

Trex33

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
I've been bitten by the Wrangler bug, and have been researching them over the last few weeks. I work in outside sales, and I'm in my car A LOT! I'm looking at Unlimited four door model, either Sahara or Rubicon. I have two main questions:
1. Am I crazy for getting a Jeep as my EDD(every day driver)?
2. Soft top or hard top?

Anything thing else jeep owners want to throw at me, good or bad?

Thanks!

What do you want one for? I currently have an 05 TJ Rubicon and warn you it's not for the faint of heart. I have a hard top and full doors on mine and wouldn't have it any other way. Doors and top come off in the warmer months.

My wife drives one daily. It is a 2016 4 door wrangler hardtop. It does have some wind noise at interstate speeds, but she loves it. Gas mileage is not the best, around 18mpg. I do not think it would be crazy to get one, get something you will enjoy.

It's a poor choice for a dd and there are much better options that all suck and will suck the life out of you.
Find one with both hard a soft tops, ditch the doors and top then get caught in a thunderstorm and it's required that you bury it in mud at least once.
It will be the biggest money pit you own unless you already own a 10/22....

had one. Loved it but wasnt in love with it. Ending up selling it for a truck.

It was beautiful and just looked great everywhere. With the family thought it wasn't practical. Needed more room. Also my fuel mileage sucked pretty bad. I was often all over the road too, wind noise and various other annoyances.

when the weather was nice, the top off was very fun though, wish I could of kept it but glad I got rid of it.

I rented a 4 door 2015 Wrangler to go to Birmingham on a business trip with my boss. It SUCKED!!!! The wind noise was so bad (with a soft top) that we could not even talk to each other. Don't get me wrong I love Jeeps- I own two, but for a DD and if you are in the car a lot and I assume on the phone, forget it.

Back
Top Bottom