• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help from Jeep Wrangler owners!

Salesman told me before I purchased a 95 wrangler that Jeeps weren't for everybody. Wind noise, roaring tires, and maybe a few drops of water on you when it rained.
I think 95 was last year for leaf springs. Newer models sure ride smoother than mine did.
I drove it for 18 years and gave it to my grandson 2 years ago. Miss the hell out of it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Because you cant do cool **** in a prius. But it is like driving a sail boat on a windy day.

I agree with everything above, both good and bad. I'm on my 4th wrangler and about due for another but am seriously continplating getting into some other type of 4x4. The new popularity of having a Jeep has driven them to a price point I don't feel they're worth. They are noisy, rough riding when lifted, slow, and drift in high winds but all of mine have been dependable as the day is long with only a few minor issues here and there.

I've always told folks you have to really love a Jeep to drive one daily, it REALLY is a Jeep thing. You'd probably be better off with something else as a DD and just pick up an older TJ or YJ if you want to wheel or just ride around on the weekends with the top off.

I'm currently on my third wrangler 93yj,03tj, and 13jku. They have come a long long way in the last 20 years. I personally wouldn't like one as a dd. But I put 35k a year and it's mostly 3-4 hour trips. But I have a guy who I work with and he does the same thing and he has a 14 rubicon and loves it.

I would suggest a hard top. You can set a winch to make it easy on and off. Soft tops are great until you need to leave your laptop in the car.

If you want to chat any more about ill be happy to just send me a pm.

I have a two door jk. It has been my daily driver for the past 3 years and now has 50000 miles on her. So far no problems at all. I also have two other vehicles that I could drive but I still enjoy the jeep more. Buy the jeep and give it a year, if you don't like it remember for some strange reason jeeps hold their value better than a lot of other vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom