• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need help from Jeep Wrangler owners!

Get a rubicon if you are gonna off road often. I got a sport and used the 8 grand left over for mods. Also get a hard top then buy a trek nx top for spring summer and fall.

What do you want one for? I currently have an 05 TJ Rubicon and warn you it's not for the faint of heart. I have a hard top and full doors on mine and wouldn't have it any other way. Doors and top come off in the warmer months.

Same here...2012 JK 2D Rubicon; hard top and full doors. Doors and top come off in the warmer months. If having a soft top is desirable, my preference is getting one with a hard top and adding the soft top for the benefit of not getting caught in a thunderstorm...lol

For me, buying a jeep as a daily driver depends on you...newer JK (2011+) models tend to be quieter (hard top equipped) with the Jeep sound deadening mats installed: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12021_2001_07.htm

Having a jeep as a daily driver with a lift and tires (an option) is also dependent on the quality/type of lift and of course, the type of tire (tread) you go with. I personally have mine set up with a Metalcloak 2.5" lift and Goodyear Wrangler Duratec tires on 18" wheels. It's all a matter of personal preference really, but, I feel this offers a better than factory ride and plenty of rubber on or off the road.

www.southeasternnetworks.com_files_2012_Jeep_Rubicon_2012_Jeep_Rubicon_800x450.jpg

Driving a Jeep is like driving a duck blind!

Drove my TJ as a DD for a while, not terrible if you enjoy it!

There are two days you will hate when buying a Jeep... the day you buy (costs to obtain and maintain), and the day you sell it!

Just went through this. Got a 15 Jku rubicon a couple months back. I listened to some people who say "you can find a hard top for like $1k whenever you want one"

Okay no you can't.
I wish I had the hardtop. I drive this vehicle for work on the highway a lot. Wish i would have gotten the hardtop. Just the hardtop.

Frameless soft tops are more
Versatile than the oem soft top and they are only like $400 total.

I would get the color maybes fenders, color matched hard top, heated seats, and buy a frameless soft too and soft doors

Back
Top Bottom