• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New ad for banning "Assualt Clips"

Firearm restrictions are not about "public safety" or "common sense", except in the context that "common sense" dictates it is much easier to excercise control over a population when you have them hopelessly outgunned.

Since 1934 we have witnessed a systematic disarmament of the American citizen. Every class of weapon outlawed, every importation ban, every mag capacity limit, every "non-sporting feature" has been another step along that path.

We now find ourselves in a position where the gap in capabilities between the citizenry and the state has grown so vast as to render the 2nd amendment largely moot in its role as a safeguard against tyranny.

I find it hard to believe this is merely a consequence of misguided attempts at "crime prevention".....

At what point in time do we equate magazine capacity with mental capacity? Who do we let determine our ability to act in a responsible manner? What qualifies activists to decide what is, and what is not "common sense"? Private citizens use their guns MORE than police officers to protect themselves or to fend off attackers. While I personally don't feel the NEED for a 33 round magazine, there is no group of people qualified to tell me that I shouldn't have one because (fill in blank here).

Wheeler

sparked is right though. there really is not a need for high capacity mags unless you use your weapon for your job (ie cops, military, etc.)

Most of you have never used your gun in self defense... if you have, how many used more that ten rounds? seriously.. hicap mags are just market sellers and novelty items with no practical value aside from having to reload less often.

This is based upon what? I for one want to have as many bullets as possible as I don't know what I may ever have to face. Ever been somewhere when 3 or 4 questionable guys walk in looking for trouble? I'd sure as hell want more than 6-8-10 rounds that you deem appropriate. The simple fact is the average gunfight lasts the length of the first magazine. I want as many as or more rounds than the bad guy.

It goes back to the simple fact that who are you to tell me what I can and can't have?

This is based upon what? I for one want to have as many bullets as possible as I don't know what I may ever have to face. Ever been somewhere when 3 or 4 questionable guys walk in looking for trouble? I'd sure as hell want more than 6-8-10 rounds that you deem appropriate. The simple fact is the average gunfight lasts the length of the first magazine. I want as many as or more rounds than the bad guy.

It goes back to the simple fact that who are you to tell me what I can and can't have?

This! There could be more than one!

I want to know why anyone ever thought that banning something was in the least bit useful? Sure, dont let the law abiding citizens have something, but they aren't the ones to be worried about. If some looney is going to shoot up some place, you think he gives two ****s about the laws against certain weapons or high cap mags?

Back
Top Bottom