• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New gasoline truck or used diesel?

i guess this food for thought if you on occasion tow under 4000 pounds go with gas ,if you tow a lot and differing loads.hay bails, front end loader or an every day landscaping trailer diesel is your choice.. hope that's helpful in your quest

Duramax's are great. Cummins are great.

Lesson from this post...

Powerstokes are not great.

Edit: The exception is the 7.3 .... The worst thing Powerstroke did was stop building on the 7.3

Yup. Ive owned Dmax and Cummins. NO way in hell i ever would have a PS though. The 7.3 was solid. Fast forward past the 6 leakers you may have a better chance

Dude 6.0 powerstrokes are junk.

I agree, its the ecoboost I was referring anything that requires removal of the cab to change head bolts 4000/5000 dollar job just because the EGR valve coked up, blew the head gaskets, I have no love for...love the look of the truck just not the motor.

ask any ford mechanic...they are great motors very little maintenance v8 power in a 6 cylinder..you see more of them in the body shop that on the rack....spun into the ditch spun it into tree, spun into my grandmas' front porch

I owned a 13 ecoboost F150... it was a POS, it got 8mpg towing a trailer and about 12 in town. (I got better MPG in a Raptor!)

I will say we have a 15 explorer sport AWD ecoboost and it's freaking QUICK... BUT has already been at Ford 3 times in less then 3,000 total miles.

I agree, its the ecoboost I was referring anything that requires removal of the cab to change head bolts 4000/5000 dollar job just because the EGR valve coked up, blew the head gaskets, I have no love for...love the look of the truck just not the motor.

Buddy did diesel performance for a living.. hell the amount of those trucks he would fix in a week was crazy.. Had a poor guy come all the way from Tennessee one time, dealer told him $8-9K to fix, my friend got him fixed and running right for under $5K i thought the old man was going to kiss him. I've seen some decent Cummins swaps in to those year Fords though. If i had the cash now, today i would probably get a 6.2L Raptor, or maybe another D max but man i love the Raptor

I owned a 13 ecoboost F150... it was a POS, it got 8mpg towing a trailer and about 12 in town. (I got better MPG in a Raptor!)

I will say we have a 15 explorer sport AWD ecoboost and it's freaking QUICK... BUT has already been at Ford 3 times in less then 3,000 total miles.
what were the issues?

Buddy did diesel performance for a living.. hell the amount of those trucks he would fix in a week was crazy.. Had a poor guy come all the way from Tennessee one time, dealer told him $8-9K to fix, my friend got him fixed and running right for under $5K i thought the old man was going to kiss him. I've seen some decent Cummins swaps in to those year Fords though. If i had the cash now, today i would probably get a 6.2L Raptor, or maybe another D max but man i love the Raptor
if you could get the cummins with an Allison trans that the perfect pairing the best of both worlds

I got a great deal on a 6.0 KR dually bc the guy couldn't afford to pay a $4,000 bill at the dealer, that was the end of September... since then I have put an additional $7500 to keep the truck on the road!

I love Ford's at this point I'm in SOOOOOOO DEEP, I'm going to keep it for a while but I'm pretty sure this is my 1st and last 6.0... LOL

Back
Top Bottom