• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

New gasoline truck or used diesel?

if you could get the cummins with an Allison trans that the perfect pairing the best of both worlds

with everything eles Ford!

image.jpg

I like the ford. The 7.3 was a great engine but the 6.0 I got now has been good got 151.000 on it and it has not had anything done to it. I am going to do the EGR and the headstuds after the first of the year

thats interesting will check for others with issues, did they re flash after the plug change ?check pressure reg signal?

Man I really have no clue... but if you google ecoboost issues, problems, fuel smell, oil smell and soooo on you will find I wasn't the only guy. I had a really hard time buying another one but.... I have always owned Fords. Fingers crossed it was an issue on the 13's and older or only f150's bc like a fool I bought another.

I like the ford. The 7.3 was a great engine but the 6.0 I got now has been good got 151.000 on it and it has not had anything done to it. I am going to do the EGR and the headstuds after the first of the year

Start saving now bc the injectors and glow plugs go right around 150k, that's about $2500 in just parts...

I've owned a large diesel, a 1997 F250 7.3, and while it was great when I had a trailer I wouldn't choose one as commuter vehicle.

I also owned a small diesel, a 1982 Toyota diesel pickup. I truly miss that truck and look forward to a time when small diesel trucks are readily available again.

Gas. Toyota Tundra. Reliable and holds its value better than any pickup out there except for the Tacoma. http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-resale-value-awards/best-resale-top-10-cars/

I have a '12 Tundra company truck
The 400 HP is very nice
And it gets 14.5 city and 19.5 with the cruise set on 78 on the interstate

And the back door is 48" long
More legroom in the back seat than in the front

And it pulls trailers very well
We have a couple that are 8-10 K lbs and it has plenty of power

Gets 9-10 mpg pulling a trailer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom