No Red Dot For You!!!

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
So I have sent several red dots back to the manufacturer complaining that the reticle was not clear. So I've done a lot of research on it but I just came across an article that was aimed especially people with stigmatisms.
So It also showed a picture of several of what stigmatisms make red dots look like and none of them look like mine. Then it said to take a picture of the Red Dot and if it looks like a starburst then it's your Red Dot but if it looks like a DOT then you have a stigmatism.
So I take the picture and I don't see anything like this. What I see looks like more of a fireworks display than a DOT. I mean even though this is a site mark I'm still not seeing what's in the picture. Regardless of how much it cost it's supposed to look like what I am seeing what's in the pic I took and not what I'm seeing through the lens.
I propose a question to you gentleman. In this case what in the hell am I supposed to do? Because what I see is two little dots that look like two asterisk there's one in the middle and then there's one slightly up just a hair to the left. So this presents a major problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20230429_082317903.jpg
    IMG_20230429_082317903.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 66
Have you had anyone else look through the actual site and see what they say they see ??
I don’t have any experience in these, just thought about having a second person look through it …..:confused2:
The article said to take a picture of the DOT. As you can see in the pic the dot is perfect. But the mess I see is nothing like that. It says you should be able to see exactly what you see in the picture that you take.

The article said to take a picture of the DOT. As you can see in the pic the dot is perfect. But the mess I see is nothing like that. It says you should be able to see exactly what you see in the picture that you take.
That is some funky stuff !!

I'll have somebody else look through it just to make sure. I mean I could still use the thing it's just that I'm not going to have pinpoint accuracy at say 50 yards. For real close up engagements like inside the house it would be fine.

Back
Top Bottom