• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ODT Trader Question?

If I offered asking price but couldn't meet til the weekend, I'd tell the seller than he has a deal but if he must sell between then, don't let me hold up a for sure deal for him. How is he to know I'm not going to flake and he misses out on for sure sell waiting for me. If I wasn't willing to risk that, I'd find a way to meet or I'd offer him more than asking to hold it. Personally If I were the seller and you asked me to hold it til the weekend, I'd be fine with that and would consider it sold based on your feedback unless I needed the money asap to finance something I wanted asap.

IDK... some traders have given me up to two weeks, others have indicated that waiting 24 hours to get to their location was not an option. You win some, you lose some.

If I offered asking price but couldn't meet til the weekend, I'd tell the seller than he has a deal but if he must sell between then, don't let me hold up a for sure deal for him. How is he to know I'm not going to flake and he misses out on for sure sell waiting for me. If I wasn't willing to risk that, I'd find a way to meet or I'd offer him more than asking to hold it. Personally If I were the seller and you asked me to hold it til the weekend, I'd be fine with that and would consider it sold based on your feedback unless I needed the money asap to finance something I wanted asap.
I do this as well.

Now as a buyer, if the seller agreed to the deal and started he/she was going to wait; then sold to somebody else. I'd consider that foul.

Back
Top Bottom