• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Official ODT Silver Thread

The days of finding silver in coin rolls are done. Every bank teller is on the lookout for it, perk of the job I guess.

What about rolls ordered through the bank directly from the fed? It’s my understanding the fed doesn’t sort out the silver. Course no way to know if that’s true or not unless you know someone that works there.

What about rolls ordered through the bank directly from the fed? It’s my understanding the fed doesn’t sort out the silver. Course no way to know if that’s true or not unless you know someone that works there.

Its filtered going into the fed from the banks, or so it would stand to reason to me. If someone had access to a coin star or similar machine, I feel like one could probably find some silver there.

Its filtered going into the fed from the banks, or so it would stand to reason to me. If someone had access to a coin star or similar machine, I feel like one could probably find some silver there.

I read in coin star they reject those, not sure I believe it. Wish I owned 10 of those machines lol

I read in coin star they reject those, not sure I believe it. Wish I owned 10 of those machines lol

Unless something has changed in the last couple of years, not true.

A buddy of mine rolled up a bunch of old quarters and dimes he found in box in a house he inherited and took them to a coin machine. Turns out he swapped about a couple hundred dollars of face value silver coins for their face value. He was pretty mad at himself after I told him what the silver was worth...

Someone had a windfall...

Was wondering. If I offered up a small hoard of peace dollars, unslabbed, various cond. and dates, a few collectable coins, mostly slabbed, maybe a PCGS slabbed AU $5 and $10 Gold Indian, would there be any potential takers?
Don't really want to list on fleabay. Looking to raise funds for a project. Prices will be FMV or real close to it. Can do a little better on the Peace dollars.

Thanks, let me know, fellas!

Was wondering. If I offered up a small hoard of peace dollars, unslabbed, various cond. and dates, a few collectable coins, mostly slabbed, maybe a PCGS slabbed AU $5 and $10 Gold Indian, would there be any potential takers?
Don't really want to list on fleabay. Looking to raise funds for a project. Prices will be FMV or real close to it. Can do a little better on the Peace dollars.

Thanks, let me know, fellas!
If they are priced right people will buy

Back
Top Bottom