• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Old Tractors!

JDurham

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
5   0
Reaction score
Where in the world does everyone find free old tractors in need of love? I’ve been searching for months now and in every Facebook group I’m in every Tom, Dick, and Harry posts these beautiful old tractors they received for free since they didn’t work. I’m a little stumped, I just want one for a) my little guy, b) light dirt moving and c) childhood reminiscing.
With that being said, if you get your hands on one and need it moved: my gooseneck is ready.
What do you guys think about old Farmalls and such?
PFA : old Zetor I actually found on here and took my lil guy to see (thanks for the experience!)

Attachments

• 9D3034C6-7EF7-4B46-878D-21AAB71AB5DB.jpeg
    9D3034C6-7EF7-4B46-878D-21AAB71AB5DB.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 33
Farmall was/ is a good tractor. Your best bet is to get one that was made here in the U.S. So you have a better chance of finding parts. Why didn't you get that Zetor?

Farmall was/ is a good tractor. Your best bet is to get one that was made here in the U.S. So you have a better chance of finding parts. Why didn't you get that Zetor?
Mostly the wife, it’s hard to convince her to spend money on something that needs fixing but the Zetor was big and beautiful, definitely worth what the guy was asking. I offered up an AR I built but everyone and their grandma has one so it only goes so far haha. I’m already a CZ guy so the Zetor being Czech made my heart throb.

Mostly the wife, it’s hard to convince her to spend money on something that needs fixing but the Zetor was big and beautiful, definitely worth what the guy was asking. I offered up an AR I built but everyone and their grandma has one so it only goes so far haha. I’m already a CZ guy so the Zetor being Czech made my heart throb.
You could get a Yanmar. They import those from over seas. Usually few hours on them and they're a decent tractor. If you're tall, they're a little on the small size. You buy an old Ford 8 or 9n, John Deer, Massey or a Kobota you'll be in business. But you won't get one of those for free. Seriously, check out the Yanmar though. Good budget tractor

You could get a Yanmar. They import those from over seas. Usually few hours on them and they're a decent tractor. If you're tall, they're a little on the small size. You buy an old Ford 8 or 9n, John Deer, Massey or a Kobota you'll be in business. But you won't get one of those for free. Seriously, check out the Yanmar though. Good budget tractor
They are a Japanese company.

Seems as though they made the small tractors for Ford in the early 1970s. Might be wrong on that....

Love old tractors. Now might be a good time to get a good deal on an old tractor as the economy has slowed.

They are a Japanese company.

Seems as though they made the small tractors for Ford in the early 1970s. Might be wrong on that....
Yanmar makes the engines that go in the John Deer tractors, at least the small ones. New Holland took over Ford, Italian. The small tractors are made in Japan. Good tractor. I've had mine 23yrs and counting. Massey is Canadian. My Dad still has his 1980 or 81, still running strong. John Deer is still American!! And Kubota is Japan. A old man that was in the family tractor business all his life told me to buy one of the big 4 and don't worry about it. When I was buying my tractor I ask the guy what was the oldest tractor parts he had on his self. He said 1950s. At that time it was @ 50yrs. I've seen plenty 70yr old tractors still tooling around

Back
Top Bottom