• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Optics ready pistols

Which pistol…

• Total voters
20200426_141153.jpg

Since you said you're interested in a .22 range gun, I voted 22/45. I would replace the picatinny rail with a mounting plate like this so the red dot can sit lower. As a bonus, since .22 recoils so little and the red dot will not reciprocate with the slide, you can kind of cheap out on the red dot so you won't feel too bad if you don't like it.

I have a ruger mk3 and its a great shooter especially with a reflex site.

Now my newest addition is. Keltec 33 with a rmr on it. Fun as heck to shoot. Almost too easy blinking spin targets.

I bought the 365xl last year about this time, and put a 507k on it. Short grip, too, so it carries well. I have been a 1911 fan for my whole life but this is the gun that's finally gotten me to switch to plastic for carry. the dot takes some work to learn. HOWEVER it will make you faster and more accurate. I can shoot this 3.5" barrel as accurately as a 5" les baer and as fast. It's freaking crazy.

I'm not going to dots for all my guns, but almost everything I'm using for real work has a dot now.

Walther PDP would be my vote. I love Walther ergonomics, they run great imo, and you should be able to get one for 600-650 or so after tax and all that so it's a good price. Not as much aftermarket as a glock, but they are more handsome guns imo

Back
Top Bottom