• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Panic ammo buying

I got on SGammo this evening and their banner says they have had such a surge on ammo purchases they are stopping sales of most things in an effort to catch up. It also says they are atleast 7 says behind on shipping.

Anyone seeing this locally? I checked academy.com and it seems everything is sold out.
I've been seeing sales advertised at LGSs and online.....even got some CCI subsonics and other suppressor rounds that I hadn't been able to get in the past. My local WM is pretty well stocked up, too.

I've been seeing sales advertised at LGSs and online.....even got some CCI subsonics and other suppressor rounds that I hadn't been able to get in the past. My local WM is pretty well stocked up, too.
I need to drive a little further than normal and hit the Super Walmart in Bedford VA up here. Their ammo and guns are dirt cheap. I bought a Savage Mark ll with a wooden stock, bull barrel, 4lb. trigger and scope for a little over 200 bucks. It's a 22 magnum and is the most accurate gun at 50 yards I have ever owned and 22 mags are generally not known for lights out accuracy. I got lucky. That's not the same scope it came with in the pic. That's a vintage Redfield Full Field 2×7 scope I had. Great little combo.

Usually they don't have super loaded shelves of ammo stock (especially during hunting season ) but carry most of the calibers I have. Much cheaper since I don't have to pay shipping. Since I buy my big haul of groceries once a month there it works out. You can find ammo online like a couple dollars cheaper per box but after shipping its more if you are just picking up a couple of ( buy a few since I am there ) boxes. However when buying a 1000 rounds so I go to Sportsman Warehouse in Roanoke. They have great sales but you have to keep your eye out for them. However a lot of times deals online don't justify the gas money to drive anywhere.

One thing I have noticed though not all Walmarts have a guns and ammo section. I guess it's a location thing. I remember when I was a kid I made a B-line straight for the gun section every time we went to Walmart and every one had a guns and ammo section. I guess this Democratic driven relentless quest to ban guns has some Walmarts refusing to have that section. The Walmart the closest to me doesn't have a gun section and doesn't even carry ammo. Even though there is a huge market for it in this area as well. It's only like 30 minutes from some of the best public hunting land in the immediate area with monster deer being very common. Weird! However, the one that is just southwest of me does. I just don't get it. I wonder who makes that decision on if they will have one or not?
Sorry! I been up all night and you mentioned Walmart and I am thinking out loud. 😁

IMG_20230216_173318388.jpg

Last time I was at Walmart they had this 7.62×51 ammo. 40 rounds for just under 40 bucks. To beat all it averaged .688 MOA in my AR-10. I need to go back and stock up if they still have it.
IMG_20231016_055157115.jpg

Last time I was at Walmart they had this 7.62×51 ammo. 40 rounds for just under 40 bucks. To beat all it averaged .688 MOA in my AR-10. I need to go back and stock up if they still have it.
View attachment 6353524

Some genius at Walmart Corporate decided to stop selling all handgun and 'salt rifle ammo a while back.
Yet they still sell "hunting ammo" that AR's are chambered for and **** ton of 22LR (did they forget how many handguns are chambered for 22LR??) :doh:

I need to drive a little further than normal and hit the Super Walmart in Bedford VA up here. Their ammo and guns are dirt cheap. I bought a Savage Mark ll with a wooden stock, bull barrel, 4lb. trigger and scope for a little over 200 bucks. It's a 22 magnum and is the most accurate gun at 50 yards I have ever owned and 22 mags are generally not known for lights out accuracy. I got lucky. That's not the same scope it came with in the pic. That's a vintage Redfield Full Field 2×7 scope I had. Great little combo.

Usually they don't have super loaded shelves of ammo stock (especially during hunting season ) but carry most of the calibers I have. Much cheaper since I don't have to pay shipping. Since I buy my big haul of groceries once a month there it works out. You can find ammo online like a couple dollars cheaper per box but after shipping its more if you are just picking up a couple of ( buy a few since I am there ) boxes. However when buying a 1000 rounds so I go to Sportsman Warehouse in Roanoke. They have great sales but you have to keep your eye out for them. However a lot of times deals online don't justify the gas money to drive anywhere.

One thing I have noticed though not all Walmarts have a guns and ammo section. I guess it's a location thing. I remember when I was a kid I made a B-line straight for the gun section every time we went to Walmart and every one had a guns and ammo section. I guess this Democratic driven relentless quest to ban guns has some Walmarts refusing to have that section. The Walmart the closest to me doesn't have a gun section and doesn't even carry ammo. Even though there is a huge market for it in this area as well. It's only like 30 minutes from some of the best public hunting land in the immediate area with monster deer being very common. Weird! However, the one that is just southwest of me does. I just don't get it. I wonder who makes that decision on if they will have one or not?
Sorry! I been up all night and you mentioned Walmart and I am thinking out loud. 😁

View attachment 6353501
Purdy rifle

Hang on, let me page the resident neckbeard expert palmettomoon palmettomoon
If you kin sail 9mm fer a dollah a round in this market, you'se the master neckbeard.

I wish that all it took was a rumor to get people to absolutely freak out and buy over priced ammo.

Back
Top Bottom