• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Precision Long Range Reloaders

He meant F class, but he is a seasoned rifleman shooting 1" groups with his factory rifle at 400yds lol. He has "experience". The only experience he probably had was PMI at Paris Island. Let's see a pic of you in uniform buddy, I'm betting you have a Pizza Box Marksman badge

Oh and by the way Crumley is still waiting on your answer

Never said it was a factory rifle son. And I was an expert rifleman in the Corp.

Crumpley, you can come on down whenever you want. Tell you what... I'll shoot a 16" AR-10 against what you have at 500 yards for best group.

Shniper- the 308 that was shooting 1" at 100 out to 1" at 400 was a Hart 10 twist 24" premium barrel. Shooting 208 A-Max's at about 2520. Heavy pill don't relax in the air as early as 100 yards.

My 16" AR-10 and I took a 3rd place finish at the mid ga shooters match couple years ago shooting a 2.5-10 NF out to 650 yards... Anyone who knows me would tell you you should probably be a little more respectful.

Let's see you come down to a Hard Rock match and take even a 3rd place finish.

I have more 1st place finishes in multiple classes than I know what to do with son.

Wow, this thread is funny.

For the record a rifle CAN shoot 1 inch at 100 and shoot 1 inch at 400, 338s and 300win mags do it all the time.

There is nothing wrong with doing load development at 100 yards I haven't been in the Long range comp since 2002 but I was taught by shooters who have more National Records than they know what to do with.

I used to shoot Hard Rock yes it can be challenging but I shoot PRS because I want more action. Once I get .3" or better groups I stop. my load development usually only takes 10 rounds. 5 to get a node, and then 5 to verify the group size. so if you are spending more time than that YOU are doing it wrong.

Never said it was a factory rifle son. And I was an expert rifleman in the Corp.

Crumpley, you can come on down whenever you want. Tell you what... I'll shoot a 16" AR-10 against what you have at 500 yards for best group.

Shniper- the 308 that was shooting 1" at 100 out to 1" at 400 was a Hart 10 twist 24" premium barrel. Shooting 208 A-Max's at about 2520. Heavy pill don't relax in the air as early as 100 yards.

My 16" AR-10 and I took a 3rd place finish at the mid ga shooters match couple years ago shooting a 2.5-10 NF out to 650 yards... Anyone who knows me would tell you you should probably be a little more respectful.

Let's see you come down to a Hard Rock match and take even a 3rd place finish.

I have more 1st place finishes in multiple classes than I know what to do with son.

Hey man, I wasn't saying you can't do it, I just said I want to see it. A 1" group at 100 and then the same 1" group at 400 would be pretty impressive in my book.

I never said I was an expert marksman or even good for that matter but we can work something up and ill bring my rifle down one weekend. Im not even completely positive it will make it out too 500 yards though.

btw I'll bring my AR10 out for a challenge. it shoots .4s all day long with my 130 accubond hunting load. Took it up to Woody's Prs match and ran a stage with it after the match was over and actually did better than with my bolt gun.

Every body has their own techniques and disciplines, lets not bash each other. the long range crowd is a small crowd and we should be their to help each other and bring others into the mix. There are reloading techniques that I did for Hardrock that I wouldn't waste my time with for a PRS match. Heck there are probably a few steps in reloading for a PRS match that I can leave out.

Back
Top Bottom