• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Probably one of the oddest hobbies...

glockink

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
48   0
Reaction score
Anyone who has grown up in America since the late 70's knows what Star Wars is...When I was a kid I wanted to grow up and be a storm trooper. Now I am. I belong to 3 super nerdy costuming groups that do REALLY great charity work, plus it's always great to see kids faces light up seeing some of their favorite characters in person. Heres a few of the costumes I've been working on:
i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_Scout.jpg

i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_SENN1_1.jpg

i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_MandoPilot.jpg

i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_Raider.jpg

i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_DSC_0916.png

Love the 2nd pic, me and my friends use to do the same thing a long time ago. But ours was.nothing like yours. We use to collect the toys too. Buy sell and trade them..

Like the costumes, now get ready for the torture.
Heard them all before. It's all about making kids happy and charity, so none of it really bothers any of us.
The last one is Revan from Knights of the old republic game.

To make it worse...We also do Ghostbusters and a ton of other ones for a local haunted house in October with ALL money going to the Boy Scouts.
i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_gb1.jpg
i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_zombieme.jpg

i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_shelf2.jpg

i194.photobucket.com_albums_z81_glockink_Shelf.jpg

Last edited:
I'd normally poke fun with some smartazz comment, but it's for a good cause so it's all good!

How exactly are the proceeds generated?

The haunt is run off volunteers. We give up a lot of time between mid August to October in building, and running the haunt each year. The building is provided for us, and the walls and props are already owned by someone, so there is really no overhead. We just build it, run it, and all the money from ticket sales, goes to the charity.

The Star wars stuff is involved with a TON of different causes. That group is world wide, can find more info here:
http://www.501st.com/index.php
One of the ones we are working to raise money for is for a 11 month old child who has a rare disease that is a bit of a medical mystery. It started off as a small raffle for Star Wars items, and has gone world wide, even getting George Lucas involved.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/27/princess-baby-leah-sick-i_n_881635.html

Back
Top Bottom