• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question

I've taken several with .44 mag. handloads. Does mostly. I use open sights, and limit myself to about 40 yds.

I use Speer 270 gr. JHP. My opinion, with a pistol, penetration is key, so I stay with heavier bullets.

I'll add that taking deer with a handgun is not first choice, I only do it under special circumstances. Also, I am reasonable proficient with large caliber, heavy bullets, because I practice at it.

I've taken several with .44 mag. handloads. Does mostly. I use open sights, and limit myself to about 40 yds.

I use Speer 270 gr. JHP. My opinion, with a pistol, penetration is key, so I stay with heavier bullets.

I'll add that taking deer with a handgun is not first choice, I only do it under special circumstances. Also, I am reasonable proficient with large caliber, heavy bullets, because I practice at it.
Will definitely practice for proficiency.

Just picked it up today. With a rest it should be easy to manipulate in a stand.
20190619_162410.jpg

Looks good. Get glass on it and shoot it! You can try different styles of resting or free standing but ya gotta burn some ammo . I have shot thousands of rounds and that's the only
to get meat with a pistol. Lotsa practice. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom