• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question

A red dot is much easier on mine as well. Long eye relief scopes on pistols certainly ain’t my cup of Dixie Champagne. I can, just don’t prefer to. For giggles I’d just as soon put the sneak on one and get ticklin’ close and pop him/her with irons. Or, just flat out bushwhack em. I find bushwhacking easier and when it comes to filling the freezer, I need em on the ground, and I’m not a romantic about how I get them there.

I tried to shoot a doe with my 45 colt at about 55 yards. Either I had horrible aim or it dropped (I know it did at that distance) and missed. Since then I bought 2 44 mags and loaded up a slew of bullets for killing deer and reluctantly sold both of them. Did kill a yote with my .45 though..

I nearly got to seal the deal late last season. I had a doe at 40 yards but the shot was obstructed by some brush. I was on the ground, knees up and my G20 propped up on them rock- solid. I just couldn’t find a decent sized hole to thread one through.
I elected to pass on her. I’ll have one wander by too close this year, I’m sure of it.

Took about 6 shots to zero the red dot at 100 yds. This is gonna be fun to hunt with if I can stay that steady on an animal. 6.5 creedmoor has a little punch to it in a handgun. 1st pic is adjusting windage and elevation. 2nd pic is final shot. Last pic was check on my .308 rifle, still dead nuts.
20190711_135838.jpg
20190711_135828.jpg
20190711_135847.jpg
If you have never been to the 100 yd tunnel at Governors gun club it is awesome and air conditioned.

Get a set of tripod shooting sticks and you should be good to go. That or get one of the window-sill gun props. It’s like a small sandbag that hangs over the ledge. You could use it in a box blind or in a stand with a rail.

Get a set of tripod shooting sticks and you should be good to go. That or get one of the window-sill gun props. It’s like a small sandbag that hangs over the ledge. You could use it in a box blind or in a stand with a rail.
I have a tripods w rests on front and back I will use in a blind. I just used a styrofoam wedge today and it was steady. Surprised at the accuracy of the red dot at 100 yds. Thx

Gonna get one of the little sand bags. My wife makes the corn bags so may get her to make me a small one for my hunting pack. Pretty excited to take a deer with the setup.

My brother broke his left hand and left humorous season before last. He bought a Ruger Blackhawk in 41 mag and topped it with a fixed power scope. He shot 4 does, from 40 to 60 yards and everyone dropped within 15 yards of where it was shot. I think he was shooting a 260 grain buffalo bullet.

Back
Top Bottom