• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommended "set-up" for AR/ M4 rifles

Trademe, I think you'll get a better response if you start a separate topic with your SBR AK. The title will catch the eye of folks that may not be following this thread because they aren't AR-guys, and it will help keep this thread "clean" and on target.

Nice gun, BTW!

suggestions on a 15" floating rail? not sure if I want key mod or m or quad...so many choices that my head is spinning
there is more and more stuff coming out with the key mod accessories,bit more pricey but move it around any where on the rail with little effort..I like Bravo Company KMR rail,followed by the Midwest industries SSK..and the Troy alpha rail is light and durable for a modular quad..

Last edited:
-VooDoo Innovations BCG (LifeCoat finish and integral gas key)
how do you like the VooDoo Innovations stuff? I just looked at their BCG this week and it looks nice but haven't seen much on their lifecoat process. Having an integral key would be nice (I spent a few days tracking down an issue with my LMT when I bought it that turned out to be a not good enough staked gas key). I'm looking for a spare BCG and was leaning in that direction. Also saw they have a whole LPK with LifeCoat.

SpeedyR, I'm liking it very much so far. Only got about 1,000rds through it with the VDI BCG, but it runs smooth and is easy to clean.

how do you like the VooDoo Innovations stuff? I just looked at their BCG this week and it looks nice but haven't seen much on their lifecoat process. Having an integral key would be nice (I spent a few days tracking down an issue with my LMT when I bought it that turned out to be a not good enough staked gas key). I'm looking for a spare BCG and was leaning in that direction. Also saw they have a whole LPK with LifeCoat.

Wow... an LMT w/ unstaked gaskeys?
I wouldn't have expected that of a rifle that nice.
Just goes to show that every rifle needs to have them checked.

Back
Top Bottom