• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rio Olympic Games

Isnt that where it started? All the countries pitch in and build it and keep it there.Then you can provide the upkeep after that

Olympia still has the original marble starting blocks. It's a great place to visit and imagine what a spectacle it must have been. By the way they have a hall of cheats where your family name is carved into stone and athletes spit on it forever when they enter the arena. Greeks did build things to last and had pretty good philosophy.

I just listened to a couple of talking heads this morning, bashing all the athletes who chose not to attend the Olympic games. Of course, those talking heads have to be controversial in order to get rating, but dang some of their takes were, in my opinion, over the line. I don't get the bashing. Representing the US in the Olympic games should be an honor, but not a requirement. The Olympics, because of the way the games have been run, the graf, the criminal aspect, is headed toward the relative anonymity of the Tour de France and the NHL. While I will watch some of the Olympics, it will not be at the top of the list of things to do.

I just listened to a couple of talking heads this morning, bashing all the athletes who chose not to attend the Olympic games. Of course, those talking heads have to be controversial in order to get rating, but dang some of their takes were, in my opinion, over the line. I don't get the bashing. Representing the US in the Olympic games should be an honor, but not a requirement. The Olympics, because of the way the games have been run, the graf, the criminal aspect, is headed toward the relative anonymity of the Tour de France and the NHL. While I will watch some of the Olympics, it will not be at the top of the list of things to do.
And I'm sure those talking heads will be there on site....

And I'm sure those talking heads will be there on site....
Funny you mention that! No, neither one of them are going to the games. Hahahaha! That was pointed out to them by one of the listeners. I found it funny as they tried to skate around the issue. Of course, I have a sick mind and things that are funny to me are not necessarily funny to others.

Funny you mention that! No, neither one of them are going to the games. Hahahaha! That was pointed out to them by one of the listeners. I found it funny as they tried to skate around the issue. Of course, I have a sick mind and things that are funny to me are not necessarily funny to others.
Imagine my shock and dismay at this news.

Reactions: JWC
Honestly, if you had worked your ass off your entire life and being so close to accomplishing your lifetime dream. I don't see how you could say no. Maybe some of the athletes that have been there and done that maybe......even then it's a huge maybe. Personally I believe I would take my chances. Shame on the Olympic committee that picked that **** hole!

Isnt that where it started? All the countries pitch in and build it and keep it there.Then you can provide the upkeep after that
Yes but a lot has changed since then. Back then there were 9 sports and under 250 total athletes. It's a whole different ballgame today. It's a lot more than just providing facilities. Infrastructure/transportation and safety are vital. A country that has run itself into the ground by overspending it's way into bankruptcy doesn't sound like the most logical choice.

Reactions: JWC
Yes but a lot has changed since then. Back then there were 9 sports and under 250 total athletes. It's a whole different ballgame today. It's a lot more than just providing facilities. Infrastructure/transportation and safety are vital. A country that has run itself into the ground by overspending it's way into bankruptcy doesn't sound like the most logical choice.
ok let the muslim countries do it.bahahahahahahaha

The Olympics just get dumber and dumber. The **** show in Russia? The **** show in China? And this Rio Olympics may be the worst of them all.

I was also reading something that in 88 our good buddies, the South Koreans, were embarrased by the ammount of homeless people that were slinking around the Olympic village so they rounded them all up and executed most of them a few weeks before people started showing up.

uh.....ok.......

Honestly, if you had worked your ass off your entire life and being so close to accomplishing your lifetime dream. Personally I believe I would take my chances. Shame on the Olympic committee that picked that **** hole!

That is the dilemma for the athletes in the so called "lesser events" like badminton, archery, handball to name a few. They don't get the big money, don't get the recognition for their chosen sport, and they work hard just to get to the Olympics. Competing in their chosen sport with a chance to stand on the podium and receive an Olympic medal is everything to them. I don't blame them for going, they have to go because the Olympics is their dream. I also agree that it is a dang shame to have to go to Rio to compete. What a place to have to try and live out their Olympic dream.

Back
Top Bottom