• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger precision rifle - Do I really want one?

Rpr has a large aftermarket supply now. There are several top level shops selling ready to install custom barrels which are a game changer for a gun like this. A good trigger install and ya got a very capable performer

This is a factory stock rifle. The load data for this group was a little far out of the box for my comfort, but it showed no excessive pressure signs, cratering, brass flow, flattened primers etc. I do not plan on using this data going forward though. Again let me again say this group had to be 95% luck, calculates to about .3MOA.

This is a factory stock rifle. The load data for this group was a little far out of the box for my comfort, but it showed no excessive pressure signs, cratering, brass flow, flattened primers etc. I do not plan on using this data going forward though. Again let me again say this group had to be 95% luck, calculates to about .3MOA.
Why not stay with that load? If it's not showing signs of pressure, it doesn't matter what the load data books say. I've worked up loads that were way over max load with no problem at all. I've also dealt with a rifle that even minimum loads were showing huge pressure signs. Each rifle is different.

Back
Top Bottom