• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sandy Springs gun club shooting

This may be for the pasture but so be it. It always irritates me when I am at the range during the week shooting 22lr and they stick the guy with the AK or AR10 in the lane next to me. I have been there when literally there were only 2 of us in both ranges and they stick us side by side.

I posted this a while back but I used to be a member of SSGR before the fire. I went last summer to check it out and was impressed with the the rebuilt range. Unfortunately the middle aged guy and his teenage son in the bay next to me decided they would challenge themselves by backing up 6 feet behind their booth and shoot outside of the booth. Time to pack up and leave. No range officer during the week and the kid behind the counter didn't see a problem.

The only thing that really gets me is when someone's firing something like an M1A Scout with a muzzle brake and I'm in the next lane trying to practice my bullseye.

This is why I carry something with an external safety. I must move two parts of the gun before I can shoot my balls off.

I'm of the other end of the spectrum, I don't own a pistol with a safety but I carry at 4 o'clock. As much as it would suck to lose part of an ass cheek losing your boys would be much worse. No appendix carry for me. :pound:

?????? if someone rents a lane at a range ; if he can keep rounds in "target" should not matter how fast he shoots !! RO responsibility to see if personnel and property stay safe from said firearm handling and use.
timed shots are for non-proficient shooters.
I don't disagree with you. The problem is public proficiency.

I know that busting balls is an Olympic sport around here, but I think - with some context - I could see why dude had an issue. Imagine if you were shooting groups and it's just you and one other person on the range. Concentrated, intermittent fire of two shooters. You might be habituated to a shot every maybe 10-15 seconds? So you're in the optic, focused on a shot when all of a sudden Magdump McGee goes ham in lane 7.

It's possible you didn't see him because you were in the optic and the dividing walls obscured your peripheral vision. It's further possible you didn't hear him enter because of your earpro. I know we're all super secret squirrel quiet professionals...but sometimes the rest of us can get spooked every now and then. I don't know that I would have complained to management, but I absolutely can see getting a flinch or a jump scare in that scenario.
Flinching and surprised, sure. But thinking that he did something wrong is simply ridiculous. It's not only a gun range, it's an indoor gun range for crying out loud. If a person gets upset by gunfire, what the hell are they doing there in the first place.

I like those scenarios, it helps me work on concentration and focus in a less than sterile environment.
What I don’t like is some RO shutting someone down because they did a mag dump. And yes. I’ve been cautioned about more than one round in 3 seconds. ’Cause a real like firefight would be like a Bullseye match, right?
First thing I ask about at a new range is if there is a limited rate of fire. If there is, I'm out the door. One of the things I practice most is double taps. I also want to be able to draw the weapon. The thing I practice the most is getting the first round on target from concealment.

Both of those things are fundamental skills for real world self defense. They are also highly perishable.

Back
Top Bottom