• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

School me on bicycles

If buying new, I'd just pick one up at Walmart that felt the most comfortable. Bicycles these day's can get so overly technical that prices can go up really fast.

So instead of paying on a top quality bike that can range from $500 to over a $1k, it's just better to find a decent $200 Schwinn, Mongoose, or Kent to get started with.

Personally if it were me I'd look for a used bike. If you like working on things, a quality used bike isn't a bad option either. You'll save money and learn how to do quick repairs if something happens on the way to work.

Go find a used one...plenty of people sell them when they dont get used.
This…I do know that riding a stationary bike is a lot easier than riding a bike( at least for a bigger boy like me) it’s rougher.. but as you said it’s a great way to get in better shape.. myself I recommend a used bike to see if you’ll like it.. if you do then you could buy the more expensive bike and enjoy it

DO NOT buy a Walmart or Target bicycle please. Loads of great bike shops in ATL, start with Bruce at Apalachee Cycles. Can assist with a good used purchase as well, what's your height and inseam?

DO NOT buy a Walmart or Target bicycle please. Loads of great bike shops in ATL, start with Bruce at Apalachee Cycles. Can assist with a good used purchase as well, what's your height and inseam?

Definitely not buying the one size fits all crap bike from Wally World or Target.

First thing is to figure out how much you want to spend.

Go look at some new bikes, ride 'em and see if you can feel a difference between price points.

Frame sizing is key. If you go to look at new bikes they will tell you what frame size you need.

Check the used market.

And cover that sucker with flashing lights if you plan to ride in traffic.

Just steal one, try it if you don’t like it throw it in the ditch and get another till you find one you like.
You owe me a case of beer for all the money I saved you. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom